Priority signings

Anag Ram

I think Keogh will be as good as Shackell, if not better. They both cost us similar amounts (assumption being they're a similar of quality of player, not always however), they both came from clubs that you'd associate with the bottom half of the table possible relegation candidates (Coventry have been relegated and Barnsley struggled when we signed Shackell) This could be wrong but if i remember correctly both were player of the year at their clubs before signing for us? I know it's early days and everything but at this stage they do appear to be similar. But then again their are too many other variables to consider like whether they have good team chemistry with fellow defenders, whether they pick up an injury ect ect..

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Keogh and O'Connor both played in relegated teams last season, but I dont think this should be looked into too much.

It shouldn't be looked into too much you're right, because everyone should know that despite being in relegated teams O'Connor has bags of Championship experience and Keogh was Coventry's best player by a long way.

Im still worried about centre half, last year we were going to build on shackell and Barker who are both good players at this level, Keogh hopefully is as good as shackell but I still dont rate Buxton or OB as centre halfs for a top 6 side where we are aiming to get. We are weaker is that postion for me

Same here.

I keep thinking what IF Keogh isn't as good as Shackell?

Same here.

I keep thinking what IF Keogh isn't as good as Shackell?

Well I thought Shackell was the one who made the back 4 more solid last year and players like Buxton could look the part as before playing with Barker (who also has no pace) he didnt. People seem to be very confident Keogh will be as least as good but there is a reason Shackell has had so much money spent on him. He is one of them players never good enough for the prem but always one of the better players in the team at champ level.

I cant help but feel Buxton wouldnt get a mention from any one without 'that goal'. Naylor is surely the better option?

Equally if you couldnt see how good Buxton was defensively in the place of Barker then you are just as short sighted!

He was very good for us last season -I hope he can carry on his form!

if we sign a striker or one on loan (salmon maybe) then this summers business will be very good. but without a striker then it will be wasted as we still wont have a big threat up front to move forward. Davies and Robinson both got double figures last season. byt Davies is leaving and robinson cant play up front on his own. tyson isnt good enough to hold his place and ward is so mardy he will spend part of this season suspended.

so

a striker we continue to move forward towards the play offs no striker we stand still

Archived