NO experience

ramLAD

Looking through the squad at this momnet in time and we lack experience. Theres not one player in the wholoe squad who has played in the Premier League, which is worrying when our board are talking about heading towards the Premier League. Jake Buxton, along with Shaun Barker is our most experienced player (taking into account we sell Addison and Savies). Having youth is all well and good but what if they dont turn out to be palyers with 'ten million' pound preice tag.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Our Squad for next season -

Frank Fielding

John Brayford

Gareth Roberts

Craig Bryson

Nathan Tyson

Jamie Ward

Adam Legzdins

Conor Doyle

James Bailey

Jake Buxton

Ben Davies

Theo Robinson

Jeff Hendrick

Mark O'Brien

Callum Ball

Mason Bennett

Will Hughes

Josh Lelan

Tom Naylor

Kwame Thomas

Ross Atkins

Saul Deeney

Michael Jacobs

All bold players lack experience to me.

We are really lucky to not be playing in the Premiership cus we'll probably beat our own record but there isn't alot of Championship experience in there either.

1. Fielding, played over 100 league games and Brayford played two seasons at championship level?

Neither of them had Championship experience before Clough signed them. Is 2 years the vital experience we need?

Pick out faults if you want, but I think I have a point

You may have a point, but how can Theo be more experienced than Brayford and a former England under 21 international goalkeeper, who has played at a under 21 competition and with 100 league games under his belt. Also Ben Davies who only played 48 games of championship football

Pick out faults if you want, but I think I have a point

You're right that it's young squad. Hopefully, they will get better, and more experienced, as time passes. I don't think too many of us are worried about the lack of Premiership experience at this stage because we won't need it.

Our Squad for next season -

Frank Fielding

John Brayford

Gareth Roberts

Craig Bryson

Nathan Tyson

Jamie Ward

Adam Legzdins

Conor Doyle

James Bailey

Jake Buxton

Ben Davies

Theo Robinson

Jeff Hendrick

Mark O'Brien

Callum Ball

Mason Bennett

Will Hughes

Josh Lelan

Tom Naylor

Kwame Thomas

Ross Atkins

Saul Deeney

Michael Jacobs

All bold players lack experience to me.

We are really lucky to not be playing in the Premiership cus we'll probably beat our own record but there isn't alot of Championship experience in there either.

Should we have a team full of old players then?

Not sure what you'd experience in three or four seasons that you wouldn't experience in two.

Should we have a team full of old players then?

Not sure what you'd experience in three or four seasons that you wouldn't experience in two.

Er....twice as much?

You're right that it's young squad. Hopefully, they will get better, and more experienced, as time passes. I don't think too many of us are worried about the lack of Premiership experience at this stage because we won't need it.

Premier players can be leaders they can demand more respect from younger ones,as can chapionship players with

years of experiance with good teams.We lack all of these and we wont progress without them.Its a no-brainer.

Fielding has substantial experience for his age, and seems like a sound bloke. = Keeper sorted.

Hopefully OB, Naylor & Buxton have gleened all they can from Shackell & Barker, and we buy a decent defender. = Defense nearly sorted.

Hendrick & Bryson are class, Nigel wanted an experienced player, but that looks like being on the back burner = Limited experience, hopefully they learned from last season and will gel to form a quality midfield.

Wingers are well balanced with a decent mix of experience and fearless youth, don't boo Jacobs when he doesn't beat the man on his first go, he could be a super signing.

We definitely have experience up front, so you have no case here (we may lack ability, but we don't lack experience).

Archived