NO experience

ramLAD

The big problem is "premiership experience player" cost ££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££

look at the "premiership experienced" players we got rid of on high wages, would you have them in your team still because of there experiences? Bywater? Pearson? Jay Mac? Leacock? Giles Barnes? Savage? etc

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agree with RamLad. It's not just players with experience, it's players that are proven at this level. We're pinning our hopes on half a dozen academy lads in the hope that we'll sell them for millions or they'll take us to the Prem. I'd love that to happen but we need investment to bring more experienced players in who are proven at this level. Nicky Maynard for example, has proven over the course of a few years that he can score goals at this level. But it's very unikely that we'll get the investment needed to bring in players of that experience and quality. Hence why I fear for us next season.

How many faults are we allowed before you don't have a point left? #justasking

The point is he has a point -you don't

The big problem is "premiership experience player" cost ££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££

look at the "premiership experienced" players we got rid of on high wages, would you have them in your team still because of there experiences? Bywater? Pearson? Jay Mac? Leacock? Giles Barnes? Savage? etc

can you just for the record name the side that got us promotion to the Premier league.And do you mean the Savage

of 2 years ago or 4 years ago.I have a feeling that the manager made him captain er... because of his experiance.

The point is he has a point -you don't

can you just for the record name the side that got us promotion to the Premier league.And do you mean the Savage

of 2 years ago or 4 years ago.I have a feeling that the manager made him captain er... because of his experiance.

dude, am only pointing out that experience cost money

Er....twice as much?

Premier players can be leaders they can demand more respect from younger ones,as can chapionship players with

years of experiance with good teams.We lack all of these and we wont progress without them.Its a no-brainer.

You're right but they all cost money and we haven't got much.

You don't need PL experience at this level to do well. So'ton did alright with experience mainly from a division below this one, as did Norwich the year before. Get experience in the right area's, normally the core of the team and you can't go wrong. Jacobs is experienced enough for me to slot straight in, he's had 3 full seasons as a professional footballer and knows exactly what to do, I think it's adapting to the division your in that counts.

You don't need PL experience at this level to do well. So'ton did alright with experience mainly from a division below this one, as did Norwich the year before. Get experience in the right area's, normally the core of the team and you can't go wrong. Jacobs is experienced enough for me to slot straight in, he's had 3 full seasons as a professional footballer and knows exactly what to do, I think it's adapting to the division your in that counts.

I'd disagree with you slightly there bud.l Yes the Saints main man was Lambert who has come from the lower leagues. However they signed players such as Fox and Cork who are proven at this level. They make a big difference.

Er....twice as much?

OK - we have two seasons flirting with relegation, or four - what have you gained? An extra two years of how to flirt with relegation? Good'un, I'm sure that'll stand them in great stead.

I'm not saying we don't need experience, I'm saying we've already got it. Ben Davies, Craig Bryson, Jaime Ward, Gareth Roberts, all have years (in excess of two) of experience. Mix that in with people like John Brayford, Theo Robinson, Frank Fielding. Not exactly novices, eh?

Archived