I think I'm going to die.

RamOfKansas

It's the hottest sob summer I've ever lived thru, we've had hardly any rain. It's been over for a 100 degrees fahrenheit for a solid chunk of it and high 90's when it isn't. Most of the middle of the country is nearing disaster status for drought or are already there. Seriously if you could just kill me with nice cool water, please do it.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You are going to die, might not be today, tomorrow, next week, next month, next year but I guarantee you are going to die.

With my high level of of income, and advances in modern medical science who's to say I can't live forever?

With my high level of of income, and advances in modern medical science who's to say I can't live forever?

Because our body as a living organism will one day die. That is the one certainty in this world which is you will die. It might not be until you're 110 but one day you shall die along with everyone and everything else.

Rok, we're the opposite. We have floods here, looks like the weather is doing funny stuff all over the world, 100 dead in floods in Russia too.

Hope you get some rain soon.

Because our body as a living organism will one day die. That is the one certainty in this world which is you will die. It might not be until you're 110 but one day you shall die along with everyone and everything else.

You know what a fact is? A theory that hasn't been proven wrong.

Don't know about that but I can guarantee that you will live at least the rest of your life.

You know what a fact is? A theory that hasn't been proven wrong.

yes and a theory is an hypothesis with a body of evidence behind it which is widely accepted. Please give an account of someone defying death? or please give an account of how we can 'beat' death. The human mind can lead us to many places but immortality in our form is not one of them. When the earth goes into heat death if there is any of us left we will all die then.

yes and a theory is an hypothesis with a body of evidence behind it which is widely accepted. Please give an account of someone defying death? or please give an account of how we can 'beat' death. The human mind can lead us to many places but immortality in our form is not one of them. When the earth goes into heat death if there is any of us left we will all die then.

See now you're just being a naysayer because we haven't discovered the secret to immortality yet. It will happen and it will be a fun ride for everyone involved(well, someone that is rich anyway. Sorry guyz.)

Watch out, he's a 'merkin, so probably will try to say Enoch never died, 'cos it says in the bible. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

See now you're just being a naysayer because we haven't discovered the secret to immortality yet. It will happen and it will be a fun ride for everyone involved(well, someone that is rich anyway. Sorry guyz.)

Not at all, I am just saying while you believe there is a secret to immortality I seriously doubt that. What we can do is to keep on going to improve healthcare and try and get people to live longer, healthier and fitter lives. However to suggest there is a 'secret' to immortality shows that there isn't. There is rarely a 'secret' to anything and immortality would be tedious and overated, along with a disaster for the human race. Also when conditions on earth become unbearable for life in a few billion years everything will die and we shall most probably be dead by then. Have you noticed how when people get older their body naturally begins to break down? It's because the body cannot last forever either.

Watch out, he's a 'merkin, so probably will try to say Enoch never died, 'cos it says in the bible. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Or that Jesus rose from the dead and thus it must be possible..... or noah lived until he was 900 because in biblical times they knew how to keep alive....... 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

Or that Jesus rose from the dead and thus it must be possible..... or noah lived until he was 900 because in biblical times they knew how to keep alive....... 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

On a serious note, I actually had someone explain this to me as the atmosphere was changed by a world covered with water and all those born after the fact didn't live as long. That's how you know I really am a Kansan from the Bible Belt. Our state sorta, kinda banned the teaching of evoloution in most primary education classes. THAT'S WHO I LIVE WITH!

Seriously though, I'm sorry I can dream about what could be and you can only see what is. I guess that's why America took over as the center of Western Civilization post-WW2. The American Dream or something like that. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

Would you want to live forever? What age would you stop ageing on the outside and would we have to all have the snip otherwise it might get a bit busy on this planet.

Watch the movie "In Time" with Justin Timberlake. It sorta works after a fashion, dystopically.

Watch the movie "In Time" with Justin Timberlake. It sorta works after a fashion, dystopically.

Justin Timberlake film? If I ever find myself in a position of serious boredom to the point I'm thinking it would be a laugh to cut my knob off with a rusty blade.......I might consider watching it.

[url=http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/2010/nov/28/scientists-reverse-ageing-mice-humans]http://www.guardian....ing-mice-humans

Scientists claim to be a step closer to reversing the ageing process after rejuvenating worn out organs in elderly mice. The experimental treatment developed by researchers at the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, Harvard Medical School, turned weak and feeble old mice into healthy animals by regenerating their aged bodies.

Oh, I win.

/thread

Not at all, if you read the article it clearly states this "This could lead to strategies that enhance the regenerative potential of organs as individuals age and so increase their quality of life. Whether it serves to increase longevity is a question we are not yet in a position to answer."

Also if you read the article while it can be applied to mice to apply it to any human is far more difficult. To gain immortality we shall have to get off this rock, find somewhere suitable to live after the sun blows up and live to the end of time. Of course this shall not happen and to state humans will one day be in a position where they never die is in my view fanciful.

Archived