Putting a TV on a studded wall

Hucknall Ram

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, your right.

There are wall plugs called "anchor plugs", not sure if it will be strong enough

http://i01.i.aliimg.com/photo/v0/293804695/Anchor_Wall_Anchor_Wall_plugs_Self_tapping

Just make sure your house insurance is sorted first haha,

my dad once put a shelf up with butterfly screws worked fine until it landed on me when I was asleep haha

http://www.diy.com/nav/fix/hardware/fixings/cavity_fixings/Rawlplug-Spring-Toggle-91949-Large-9281510

TV's on walls are annoying, looks good in these designer magazines hiding the cables in the walls and that but when you upgrade any equipment it's a ball ache. It's also not comfortable to watch for long periods either. Get a TV stand and thank me later.

What size LED? is it?
22" flat screen, it was in my old room, before me and the wife moved into the attic, one idea I had is the bracket I used and still got has two holes for screws, my father in law is a welder, think about getting him to weld the bracket to a flat plate with four holes in for extra strength

TV's on walls are annoying, looks good in these designer magazines hiding the cables in the walls and that but when you upgrade any equipment it's a ball ache. It's also not comfortable to watch for long periods either. Get a TV stand and thank me later.
trouble is that I got it cheap from a car boot because the stand on the tv has broken and the speakers are on the bottom so if stood it up the sound is effected.

Double sided sticky tape?

You can get tools to compress the fixings that are talked about above. They are the best ones. Them screw in ones are ok, but in my experiance, the tv falls off after about 8 1/2 months.

Blob some no Nails under the bracket too.

Double sided sticky tape?

You can get tools to compress the fixings that are talked about above. They are the best ones. Them screw in ones are ok, but in my experiance, the tv falls off after about 8 1/2 months.

Blob some no Nails under the bracket too.

typical, rough arsed spark..

Archived