Life after Glick - The Future

uttoxram75

Hmmm a big post from uttox, here's a tip don't read it just scroll down and see how many likes it's got. If it's got none don't read it, as it will be ******. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' /> 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

But if everyone did that no one would read it and you'd all miss out on incisive, cutting edge comment and analysis.

The world would be a poorer place.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I cant actually ever see Clough doing a Billy Davies, or a Paul Jewell, and publicly slating the board for lack of funds.

Or indeed telling his board the only way to progress is more and more players.

Clough and GSE always appeared to sing from the same hymn sheet

I've heard it from fellow tradesmen who have worked at Nigel's house in Eaton Bank, they told me he is a bit sharp and can be prickly. So if you get off on the wrong foot he will be off with you. Others have said he's a nice kind man and friendly.

Sounds to me like he is a normal bloke, if a customer pisses me off with unwarranted attitude then I won't want to be returning back to help him out if he loses power in the middle of the night.

Nigel signs the players, and takes the flack if they turn out bad, so if he thinks a player isn't trying then I think I'd do the same thing.

I would like nothing better than his team to do well, if we can replace Glick with someone who could possible sell the idea of investing a little bit more to push us on a bit, then all will be good.

I doubt that the more we make in off field sales will result in us spending more in the transfer market.

I don’t know how well the new CEO will get on with Clough but I’m not expecting things to change.

Just like us, the candidates interviewed by Andy Appleby will have read the job description written by Andy Appleby. They'll understand that the main job is to give the illusion of sensible and steady progress to fans who might otherwise think they're simply stagnating in football’s second tier. Various fear based marketing strategies, such as that used in the recent letter to fans, will repeatedly be used as the reason for not adequately investing in the squad. Many fans will lap it up.

Clough, like any manager, will always want more cash for players. However he knows the score and seems happy enough with the challenge of trying to build a Derby team capable of promotion using spare change and Sainsbury’s vouchers – as long as he is also allowed to let the fans know about the financial constraints he’s working under. Therefore I don’t see him rocking the boat - too much. When he stops enjoying the challenge, or if the fans really turn against him, then I think he’ll probably leave without too much fuss.

Well he's still discussing transfers right till the end and I have to say, if we pull off these two signings, manage to keep Shackell and bring in a striker I think it's mission complete and he can leave us on a high with everyone happy.

Just hope someone comes in for Savies, Croft, Addison and anyone else out of favour.

"we believe the youngsters coming through will set us for a bright future" ..... Like Crewe? Forest? Watford? When is that Bamford lad going to get Forest promoted? Never. He's at Chelsea.

I hear what you say, but this comment isn't fair. Hendrick and O'Brien are still here. So is Bennett, Hughes and Ball.

How much would a Hendrick cost if we were signing him from another club? I don't know but I'd say a seven figure sum for his ability alone, not even taking in to account his age.

Crewe and Forest produce players with the intention of selling them. We intend to produce our team around them. For Watford, it's actually worked well. For a club their size, I'd say it's pretty decent to be competing with clubs like Derby, Leicester, Ipswich, Leeds et al. We're a bigger club so we can do it on a bigger scale. West Ham style.

The Academy bit is the part of the plan which I think is going well, and the bit you can't really argue with. Everything else is up for debate though and you sum up many of my thoughts in your post.

Archived