England v Italy

froggg

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pirlo was great, but we really helped out by giving him half of the pitch to play around in unfettered. Every time in the second half onwards that Pirlo got the ball there was no one near him.

Tbf, I'm relieved that we haven't got through. Germany would have absolutely fooking murdered us. The 1-4 in the world cup was a bit of a surprise, but they'd have probably have scored even more this time around.

Good old England - low expectations going in, then defy us to top the group, and then, just as expectations are raised again we play like that. Out on our @r$e$.

Pirlo was great, but we really helped out by giving him half of the pitch to play around in unfettered. Every time in the second half onwards that Pirlo got the ball there was no one near him.

Tbf, I'm relieved that we haven't got through. Germany would have absolutely fooking murdered us. The 1-4 in the world cup was a bit of a surprise, but they'd have probably have scored even more this time around.

Good old England - low expectations going in, then defy us to top the group, and then, just as expectations are raised again we play like that. Out on our @r$e$.

Germany are on another level than they were in the WC, England are about at the same level as they were in 2010.

Papers tomorrow, 'England Abysmal' 'England woeful' blah blah blah. This is the worst England team in decades. 3 world class players, Hart, Rooney, Gerrard, everyone else is either way over rated. With this team it was a good achievement to get this far. I've said that all along. I've also said all along Ashley Young is a cu*t .

Germany are on another level than they were in the WC, England are about at the same level as they were in 2010.

We're still carrying Milner, but now we have to carry Young as well. We might as well have played Downing on the left for all the use Young was.

We seriously need to look at other options on the right, other than Milner. Adam Johnson must be well p1ssed off that he couldn't get in ahead of fooking Milner.

Papers tomorrow, 'England Abysmal' 'England woeful' blah blah blah. This is the worst England team in decades. 3 world class players, Hart, Rooney, Gerrard, everyone else is either way over rated. With this team it was a good achievement to get this far. I've said that all along. I've also said all along Ashley Young is a cu*t .

I think a few more came out of this better than I expected - Lescott for example, I thought played well throughout. Cole played well, apart from tonight, but got absolutely zero help from Young for most of the night.

The game just outlined all underlying problems with the national team that havent changed for years now. Too many very, very average footballers who just cant keep hold of possession. It's a mentality and style that English players just cant grasp.

People in another thread saying how boring Spain are, how they wouldnt want England to play like that, well i dont want England playing how they have done this tournament. If you dont want your country to play similar to how one of the best sides in the world play then nothing is ever gunna change.

We desperately need someone with the b*llocks to seriously change the entire setup. Someone with the b*llocks to get rid of cloggers like Gerrard, Parker, Johnson etc.

Cant believe all the plaudits Gerrard still gets, he's whipped in a few good balls and people think he's had a good game. Watch Pirlo, that's a proper midfield display that Gerrard could only dream of.

But this time England don't come home under achieving looking like deluded *****.

They know their place now and they'll be all the better for it.

For years I've thought England have needed tearing apart... The arrogance and mentality completely levelled. I've wanted them to lose every friendly until they learn their place. I think now they are in the right place to develop and become a far better team than the "golden generation".

Hart, Wellbeck, Wilshere, Oxlade Chamberlain, Lescott, Micah Richards will all be much stronger come 2014 and 2016.

Is Rooney world class? Bambi on ice most of the game.

Carroll had a great game, winning everything that came his way. Young was horrendous all tournament.

Rooney wasn't really match fit. He looked knackered HT onwards.

Young - waste of space.

No surprise to be fair we have struggled through the qualifying round playing poorly.

strange team selection even stranger substitutions and no tactics at all.It would be

a great move by the FA TO admit they got it wrong and sack this nobody of a manager

and get the best English manager in the country Harry Redknap insalled.Unfortunately

it wont happen so we will carry on suffering.

Archived