RIP Boxing

Bris Vegas

Is anyone else a boxing fan?

I never got into it until I started boxing myself a year ago.. Now I've been rolling out the tapes of the old classics..

Anyway, naturally staying up late to watch the Pacman I feel terribly sorry for those that pay for boxing on PPV.. The whole thing is rigged..

If it's not the non-mandatory drugs test before a fight (which they don't have) and Khan's ridiculous match-up with Peterson going to pot it's the ridiculous fiasco including two over-hyped thugs getting a boxing licence from outside the UK to fight in the UK it's this...

Did anyone else see the Pacman fight and witness what I just saw?.. Bookies paid out before the results on a Pacman win, he outpunched Bradley by just under 100, outpunched with powerpunches by 90+ and won the first 9 out of 10 rounds.. I thought I was seeing things when one judged called it a close 115-113 for Pacman, then the incredible happened.. The other two scored it 115-113 Bradley which must go down as one of the most bizarre decisions in Boxing.. Bradley even admitted to losing the fight before the results were announced at his coach had it 8-3 Pacman.. Crazy.

The worst of all is that a rematch is now on, another PPV and a load of other judges, promoters, commissions getting incredibly rich.. The whole sport is dead..

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is anyone else a boxing fan?

I never got into it until I started boxing myself a year ago.. Now I've been rolling out the tapes of the old classics..

Anyway, naturally staying up late to watch the Pacman I feel terribly sorry for those that pay for boxing on PPV.. The whole thing is rigged..

If it's not the non-mandatory drugs test before a fight (which they don't have) and Khan's ridiculous match-up with Peterson going to pot it's the ridiculous fiasco including two over-hyped thugs getting a boxing licence from outside the UK to fight in the UK it's this...

Did anyone else see the Pacman fight and witness what I just saw?.. Bookies paid out before the results on a Pacman win, he outpunched Bradley by just under 100, outpunched with powerpunches by 90+ and won the first 9 out of 10 rounds.. I thought I was seeing things when one judged called it a close 115-113 for Pacman, then the incredible happened.. The other two scored it 115-113 Bradley which must go down as one of the most bizarre decisions in Boxing.. Bradley even admitted to losing the fight before the results were announced at his coach had it 8-3 Pacman.. Crazy.

The worst of all is that a rematch is now on, another PPV and a load of other judges, promoters, commissions getting incredibly rich.. The whole sport is dead..

[size=3]

Punches Landed: 190 Pac / 109 Bradley

[/size]

[size=3]

Punches Thrown: 493 Pac/ 390 Bradley

[/size]

[size=3]

Power Punches: Pacquiao + 82 !!!!!

[/size]

[size=3]

Average round for round win % by both boxing and fan voting: Pacquiao won 88% of the rounds.

[/size]

[size=3]

If this doesn't spell fix, I don't know what else does. Pac's last fight, he lost to the viewers and the round for round average vote, but won in the others. So he actually had a good reason to be given the victory. THIS FIGHT?! He won EVERYTHING and lost?

[/size]

What also is a joke is the fact Pac pulled up for the last 3 rounds as he had it in the bag.. The 12th round especially the simple target was not to knocked out and Bradley was a spent force..

I can only assume Bradley was given many points for body shots, but the majority of them were blocked by Pac or had very little impact..

I watched the JMM Pac fight and I called it close, JMM had good reasons to feel agrieved but afterwards the percentages were in Pacs favour... This fight though wasn't even in any doubt.. Bradley has won because 2 judges were all over the place with their scoring.. Manny comfortably won rounds 2-8 which would give him the standard 7-5 rounds favour.. Not to mention the 11th was clearly in Pacs favour as was the 10th in which he edged.. Only the 1st, 9th and 12th I'd give to Bradley..

Crazy decison.. And the controversary begins with information coming out that a rematch had already been agreed before the fight had even begun.. It would make sense, a controversary decision and another big payday allround..

Pacquiao and Mayweather will never happen.

I agree with the thread title. I have been a boxing fan since I was a very little kid but my passion for it started to fade in the 90's. Boxing has become more and more like the show wrestling. The build up for the matches are getting more interesting than the boxing itself.

Now if I want see boxing I watch old classics with likes of Ali, Sugar Ray Robinson and Sugar Ray Leonard.

As I said on a thread a month ago, Boxing was my third favourite sport after football and cricket, but I stopped watching after events of the last 12 months. Pure greed has brought shame on a once great sport and I won't watch it again until it has put it's house in order. Sadly, I think this won't happen for a long, long time.

You've got to admire Pacquiaos reaction.. Took the defeat with good grace whilst congratulating his opponent..

People say they won't watch the rematch but they will, and it will be a similar fight to this one with a possible trilogy match in the summer of 2013.. The guys at the top are intelligent, they know how to rip the fans off and make a nice sum.

Such a shame for the sport.. Bradley isn't even the best of the weight division and there are plenty of other guys he should have fought before.. The likes of Khan, Cotto, Victor Ortiz and JMM must be licking their lips at the thought of taking his belt..

Massive fan of the Pacman - not only a legendary fighter but a gentleman to boot.

Last night's result was an absolute disgrace. The two judges who gave the bout to Bradley should be made to come out in front of the cameras and justify how exactly they came to the scores that they did.

Archived