England v New Zealand cricket 2013

Curtains

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I once got stopped by stweards at Headingley with 4 bottles of beer. They said I couldn't bring them in but it would be fine if I drank them before coming in. So by 11.30 I'd drunk 4 bottles of beer and was alowed in half-pissed, no problem. What's that all about?

The boxing was better in Walkabout....... :lol:

I missed it by a couple of hours. I got the last train back to Derby, so left Walkabout at 10:10pm.

As it happens, I saw a better fight when I got back to Derby. Walking along London Road behind two pissed-up blokes, one turns around and sees me, turns to his mate, says something whilst pointing back at me with his thumb. Then both turn around and look at me, then the one pointing walks flush into a solid red pillar box! Instead of bowing his head in embarrassed shame and walking away, he decides to pick a fight with it "watch where you're going *****!" he said to the stationary pillar box that has probably been cast in concrete for 50 years! He then tries to push it out of the way and kick and punch it, whilst his mate shouts "leave it mate, it's not worth it!"

Archived