England v New Zealand cricket 2013

Curtains

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have to say that England's cricketers are a really dogged bunch. They don't always win pretty but there are enough strong players, especially in the bowling department, to pull things round when everyone is on their back. I know New Zealand are still in transition and that the ball was doing plenty but England deserve a lot of praise for today.

I do worry about their batting though. We need another newbie to come through - perhaps Chopra? I'm not sure Bairstow's quite up to it yet, though he shows promise.

I think that Root will be an absolute star, and will probably move up to opener for the Ashes series. Pietersen of course will be back - perhaps Morgan also back in at 6 in place of Bairstow, but I think I'd like to think that Jos Buttler might be in the frame too. Another lad who I think will be a class act in years to come.

I think that Root will be an absolute star, and will probably move up to opener for the Ashes series. Pietersen of course will be back - perhaps Morgan also back in at 6 in place of Bairstow, but I think I'd like to think that Jos Buttler might be in the frame too. Another lad who I think will be a class act in years to come.

I suspect Compton's 2 centuries in NZ will give him opener spot for rest of the summer

Middle order is weak for me, I don't think Aus will let us off like NZ have (here & in the winter) - got big doubts about Bairstow at this level & KP is making noises about not being fit for start of Ashes. I'd like Morgan to be given another chance - I think he's worth persevering with. Would also like to see James Taylor given another bash, looks a quality prospect to me.

Bit disappointed with england here. They've done what they've needed to do but a wee bit more aggression with the bat yesterday and the game could have been wrapped up now, without having pray for the rain to stay away. In saying that though the bowlers absolutely on the money bowling them out in a session, the Aussies will fear that attack firing on all cylinders.

I think not enforcing the follow on was right though, cook and trott have made some important runs there.

Let's hope there's some play tomorrow, fookin' leeds!

Root and Bairstow definitely worth their places for me but I'm biased!

Archived