Moral Conundrum

sage

I was a Man Utd Soccer Schools weekend with some kids from school over the weekend. There were about 300 kids there and about 40 teachers. At each weekend they pick a player of the weekend to play at Old Trafford on a Champions Day. They also pick a teacher of the weekend to coach the kids at OT in Man Utd training kit and play a 30 minute game on the pitch in Man Utd kit. I won that for good coaching and 'tactical awarteness'.

Do i A) play because the best ground i've ever played at is Alfreton Town and as my right knee is fooked, this will probably be the last game I ever play, so a good way to bow out.

or

'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/cool' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='B)' /> Let a Man Utd supporting teacher have the place, as I would have to wear Man Utd training and playing kit all day, which is offensive

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do it. It's an enjoyable opportunity, and in this context just a "uniform." Whilst Man U might symbolize virtually everything that is wrong with football nowadays, it's not like you're going to be running around in a "Support Mugabe!" t-shirt.

But, as previously suggested, stick a Rams' shirt underneath!!! xx

Do it. It's an enjoyable opportunity, and in this context just a "uniform." Whilst Man U might symbolize virtually everything that is wrong with football nowadays, it's not like you're going to be running around in a "Support Mugabe!" t-shirt.

But, as previously suggested, stick a Rams' shirt underneath!!! xx

Cheers Luce, good advice, but does would a Support Mugabe be less or more offensive than a Forest shirt?

Cheers Luce, good advice, but does would a Support Mugabe be less or more offensive than a Forest shirt?

It's a tough call. Combined with an asymmetric haircut and a pair of hipster glasses at least the Mugabe shirt has a chance of looking "ironic" xx

It's a tough call. Combined with an asymmetric haircut and a pair of hipster glasses at least the Mugabe shirt has a chance of looking "ironic" xx

I've always got an asymmetric haircut and hipster glasses. I think Man Utd picking me to play on the OT pitch is them being ironic.

Hmmph, I suggested the shirt underneath but as I'm not a lady, I get no reply.

You sexist pigdog!

Boycie, I was only flirting, you know I love you really. Plus you failed to add an amusing Mugabe simile.

Definitely A! Think about it, you can tell your grandkids that you had your career-ending injury at Old Trafford.

Regardless of how you feel about Man U, OT has to be considered one of the most iconic grounds in the world, so just to say you played there would be just short of playing on the Baseball Ground, Pride Park and Old Wembly.

Archived