Player Suggestion Thread

DCFC_4_LIFE

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, you are right. Clough knows better. That's why he signed Ben Davies.

Who incidentally was very highly rated by their fans and management alike.

I don't really think we can be critical of Clough in the transfer market. He's found some absloute gems and has spent very little.

Tycially however, you do find the time to ctiticise the man.

You would be the first to have a go at Clough if he signed Carl Baker and he failed to impress.

Who incidentally was very highly rated by their fans and management alike.

I don't really think we can be critical of Clough in the transfer market. He's found some absloute gems and has spent very little.

Tycially however, you do find the time to ctiticise the man.

You would be the first to have a go at Clough if he signed Carl Baker and he failed to impress.

Erm, no he wouldn't...I would!

Clough's money signings from current squad:

Fielding, Barker, Shackell, Brayford, Bailey, Ward, Bryson, Robinson, Maguire, B.Davies, Legzdins, Naylor.

Total costs: [size=3]£5,320,000.[/size] Not that little to be honest.

Clough's crap free signings:

Clown Roberts, sicknote Tyson, Buxton, Doyle, Deeney, Croft.

Who from this lot can be considered as an "absolute gem"?

Clough's money signings from current squad:

Fielding, Barker, Shackell, Brayford, Bailey, Ward, Bryson, Robinson, Maguire, B.Davies, Legzdins, Naylor.

Total costs: [size=3]£5,320,000.[/size] Not that little to be honest.

Clough's crap free signings:

Clown Roberts, sicknote Tyson, Buxton, Doyle, Deeney, Croft.

Who from this lot can be considered as an "absolute gem"?

What's with the clown Roberts?! Is that what you think?

Let's have a look at the free signings then. Roberts has been a very good signing and has been one of our best players this season. Tyson has been unlucky with injuries. Buxton has done a great job whenever called upon and is a relable squad player. Doyle may come good, may not. Who knows but he was free. Deeney is a backup keeper and Croft was brought in after being one of Norwich City's better players but has struggled after a pretty encouraging start.

So all in all, the majority of those freebies have been good.

Let's get onto the cash spent then.

Fielding was a bargain for a top young English keeper. Barker and Shackell are very solid. Brayford and Bailey were brought in as squad players but their form was so good they have both become integral to the team. Ward was one of the biggest bargains we have had in recent years. Bryson has done well and played the first part of the season out of position. Robinson must be one of the most improved players in the division which has to be put down to Cloughs management. Maguire needs time and is hopefully one for the future. Ben Davis has struggled to impose himself but his assists prove he can be more than useful. Legzdins is backup and highly rated and Naylor is one for the future.

And when you consider that Clough has sold and released players, I would say he is comfortably in profit when you take into account wages saved as well.

You just carry on calling the players crap and having a go at them. Continue to sit on your cosy armchair on a Saturday afternoon listening to the radio and not having a good word to say. Then again, you could actually try supporting the team for a change because nothing I have ever read from you would warrant as support.

I'm not saying we're great. Far from it. We are a very average side but Clough has done well with the money he has had and the players he has brought in. You cannot make a silk purse from a sow's ear.

Agree with pretty much all you say. Only exception would be Maguire - I just think he has no future because Clough has made his mind up. I suspect they've had words and that he will be out as soon as anyone wants him. I've said before in this forum, Roberts is a solid defender. People who expect him to be Garth Bale are deluded.

Also agree we need to ride this spell out. People were saying the same things in November and then suddenly it picked up. My only worry is that we keep playing hard-working forwards when all we want is a goal or two!

Agree with pretty much all you say. Only exception would be Maguire - I just think he has no future because Clough has made his mind up. I suspect they've had words and that he will be out as soon as anyone wants him. I've said before in this forum, Roberts is a solid defender. People who expect him to be Garth Bale are deluded.

Also agree we need to ride this spell out. People were saying the same things in November and then suddenly it picked up. My only worry is that we keep playing hard-working forwards when all we want is a goal or two!

I think you might be right with Maguire. Clough is clearly a man that takes no prisoners and Maguire may have overstepped the mark in terms of what goes on in training with his rumoured lack of workrate.

Are you blind or just plain stupid?

Have you seen a single game this season?

You should put your head out of Clough's arse and to watch some games. We are crap. Really is.

Disagree that we are crap. We have played very well in some matches and played very badly in others, but in general we are an average team in an average division.

• 2 weeks later...

Two Rangers players have been released. Gregg Wylde and Mervan Celik, both attacking midfielders/wingers. Don't know them myself, and presumably their wages will be too high, but worth a punt until the end of the season? Anyone know anything about them?

Archived