Important Games Left?

p.shilton

Just throwing this out there, how upset would you be if we slipped to defeat against Doncaster? I like Dean Saunders obviously and hate Diouff obviously but not as much as I hate Forest. If we lose then Forest will be only 1 point from safety (shame).

Interesting that we have Bristol, Pompey and Peterboro too. Wouldn't it be a shame if we started "experimenting" and lost a few games towards the end of a season?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Leeds away, lets extend our nice winning run against them.

And its always sweeter to beat a Neil Warnock side.

I'd like to beat Warnock- with a baseball bat/

Just suggesting we "experiment" against the lower teams to gear ourselves up for Leeds and the like.

Just suggesting we "experiment" against the lower teams to gear ourselves up for Leeds and the like.

Experiment with what? Our squad has been down to the bare bones all season. Experimenting with youth players tantamounts to handing Doncaster three points. Less we forget, they have just gone unbeaten against West Ham and Reading. No mean feat.

We play our strongest side against every team and leave the experimenting to those that have a squad.

theo wasn't even bought as a regular starter either, he was one to develop. this is the youngest side i've seen at derby and with the possibility of more coming through the youth it can't be bad.

as for experimenting, no, i want 60 points. yes, i am greedy but its not impossible!

Experiment with what? Our squad has been down to the bare bones all season. Experimenting with youth players tantamounts to handing Doncaster three points. Less we forget, they have just gone unbeaten against West Ham and Reading. No mean feat.

We play our strongest side against every team and leave the experimenting to those that have a squad.

Think that you are missing the point, maybe dropping a few points to teams around the bottom could make for a happier conclusion to the season for us whilst giving the youngsters a chance

theo wasn't even bought as a regular starter either, he was one to develop. this is the youngest side i've seen at derby and with the possibility of more coming through the youth it can't be bad.

as for experimenting, no, i want 60 points. yes, i am greedy but its not impossible!

I want us to do as well as we can but maybe dropping a few points wouldn't be too bad. I agree with the youth looking promising but we still need a few quality signings with experience to help balance the squad and bring the youngsters on.

I don't understand. We have 30 points left on the table for the rest of the season, 15 of those points are against teams below us in the table. 21 against 10th place and lower in the table. We're only 8 points out of the playoffs, season ain't over yet. When we're mathematically out of it then we can worry about "experimenting" for next season's sake.

I want us to do as well as we can but maybe dropping a few points wouldn't be too bad. I agree with the youth looking promising but we still need a few quality signings with experience to help balance the squad and bring the youngsters on.

Im confused to why you think this, surely you want Derby to win every game ?

We are probably going to have another mid table season next year (and probably the next ten) so why want the red dogs to go down, its one of the few highlights in the season, I think I read you went last night, surely you enjoyed this over playing some non meaning game against a promoted side from div 2 ??

I wasn't on about experimenting for next seasons sake I was more driving at experimenting for Forest's sake. They clearly don't want to be in this division by playing such awful football so we could help them to get their wish by playing a few young lads and maybe dropping a few points here and there. As for the season not being over, I would like us to get a few more points just to shut up all the "fans" that cannot see that progress is being made but as for making the playoffs? No thanks, didn't want it at the beginning of the season and I don't want it now. Depending on the transfers in the summer, maybe next season or the season after but not now- we are nowhere near ready.

Im confused to why you think this, surely you want Derby to win every game ?

We are probably going to have another mid table season next year (and probably the next ten) so why want the red dogs to go down, its one of the few highlights in the season, I think I read you went last night, surely you enjoyed this over playing some non meaning game against a promoted side from div 2 ??

Nope, I hate playing the Red Dogs almost as much as I hate them. I would be happy if they got relegated and we got to play them in the cup every now and again. Mid- table for the next 10 years? Alright then mate, forgot about your negative stance in the jubilation of celebrating the win.

I wasn't on about experimenting for next seasons sake I was more driving at experimenting for Forest's sake. They clearly don't want to be in this division by playing such awful football so we could help them to get their wish by playing a few young lads and maybe dropping a few points here and there. As for the season not being over, I would like us to get a few more points just to shut up all the "fans" that cannot see that progress is being made but as for making the playoffs? No thanks, didn't want it at the beginning of the season and I don't want it now. Depending on the transfers in the summer, maybe next season or the season after but not now- we are nowhere near ready.

Sorry bud, don't understand that viewpoint. It'd be nice to get in there, there's no shame to lose em. Maybe we're not ready for the PL, but to see the lads get some action in high pressure, big time games would be a definitely great experience for the team so they can prepare for hopefully a big season next year depending how the offseason goes for us.

Nope, I hate playing the Red Dogs almost as much as I hate them. I would be happy if they got relegated and we got to play them in the cup every now and again. Mid- table for the next 10 years? Alright then mate, forgot about your negative stance in the jubilation of celebrating the win.

No negative stance there, my point was aimed at you thinking we should lose some games to push our rivials down to the next league, something I was a bit confused about, what you are saying is that if we lose on saturday you will be pleased because it means that they are only one point from safety.

These games to me have been the highlight of the season, and will be for the next few years as neither club look as though they will get promoted (unless you can see something different to me), your dig at my supposed negativity seems a bit strange given that you are looking for Derby to lose a few games over the forthcoming weeks ?

Sorry bud, don't understand that viewpoint. It'd be nice to get in there, there's no shame to lose em. Maybe we're not ready for the PL, but to see the lads get some action in high pressure, big time games would be a definitely great experience for the team so they can prepare for hopefully a big season next year depending how the offseason goes for us.

Could go either way, we could get into the playoffs and lose them and heads could drop ala Forest and have a crap season next season and less of a break between the end of the season and the next. Or we could go on a bit of a run in the last few games and finish just outside the playoffs- end on a positive, have a decent break before pre-season and start next season on a positive looking to push on. If, heavens forbid we actually got into the playoffs and got promoted it could be a disaster!

No negative stance there, my point was aimed at you thinking we should lose some games to push our rivials down to the next league, something I was a bit confused about, what you are saying is that if we lose on saturday you will be pleased because it means that they are only one point from safety.

These games to me have been the highlight of the season, and will be for the next few years as neither club look as though they will get promoted (unless you can see something different to me), your dig at my supposed negativity seems a bit strange given that you are looking for Derby to lose a few games over the forthcoming weeks ?

That's where we differ, as said I hate them and don't want to play them. As for negativity, the season is pretty much over for me- I want to comprehensively beat last years total but other than that what is the point? If we can engineer Forests downfall still farther it will add a bit of interest to the season for me personally. I will be annoyed if we lose to any of the teams that aren't around the drop zone- especially your home town- and I wouldn't be pleased to see us lose to anyone, that said I would be indifferent to us dropping points to relegation contenders. I dislike Doncaster as a club and Diouff as a supposed human being but I like Deano and would want to see him succeed so therefore would not be too distraught if we didn't manage to beat them.

It is just the flippant mid table for the next 10 years which is negative. This season is now over effectively for us so I am postulating on what would make it more interesting for me- your good self is writing off the next decade because you have a problem with the way the club is being run, that is negative in my eyes.

Archived