Important Games Left?

p.shilton

Think that you are missing the point, maybe dropping a few points to teams around the bottom could make for a happier conclusion to the season for us whilst giving the youngsters a chance

Clough has given many of our youngsters a chance this season and I don't see what you mean by the happier conclusion?

My happier conclusion would be to win 5 out of our remaining games.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Clough has given many of our youngsters a chance this season and I don't see what you mean by the happier conclusion?

My happier conclusion would be to win 5 out of our remaining games.

I would be very happy about winning 6 or 7, especially if they were against Ipswich, Palace, Boro, Cardiff, Leeds and Brighton and maybe Peterboro depending on other results

I don't understand. We have 30 points left on the table for the rest of the season, 15 of those points are against teams below us in the table. 21 against 10th place and lower in the table. We're only 8 points out of the playoffs, season ain't over yet. When we're mathematically out of it then we can worry about "experimenting" for next season's sake.

Well said and good for you mate. Last season where would 79pts have got us?

theo wasn't even bought as a regular starter either, he was one to develop. this is the youngest side i've seen at derby and with the possibility of more coming through the youth it can't be bad.

as for experimenting, no, i want 60 points. yes, i am greedy but its not impossible!

Thats only 11 points in 10 games. Relegation form. Not greed, ha.

One thing I don't understand. Why not finish in the playoffs? If we lose in the final then we've made, what, £3m? (Loser of the final gets all the TV rights) Nige has experience from playoffs, yes its at conference level, but his team bounced back and were sensational the season after. Plus, £3m will well help us on our way to becoming a better team.

One thing I don't understand. Why not finish in the playoffs? If we lose in the final then we've made, what, £3m? (Loser of the final gets all the TV rights) Nige has experience from playoffs, yes its at conference level, but his team bounced back and were sensational the season after. Plus, £3m will well help us on our way to becoming a better team.

But we have to win most of are games and get lucky with other results. So this is very unlikely.

But we have to win most of are games and get lucky with other results. So this is very unlikely.

Oh yeah, its very unlikely, but thing is i'm questioning why people have been saying it from the start of the season. No I wouldn't like to be at Wembley and lose the final, but it'd do us more good than bad imo.

I don't get it. Why would anyone want to drop points and not make the play-offs. Although I don't see it happening, I would love a nice little run and play-offs. Even top 10. What happens to Forest I couldn't care less about. I support Derby. Rivalry is all very good and it's nice for banter and bragging rights but I care about us winning games and what we do

Well, we have different opinions- would rather not get in the playoffs then get in and lose but to go into a playoffs fearing that we may actually win and get humiliated again the next season doesn't float my boat. As long as we have a few more wins up our sleeve I don't mind. Would just like to see Forest relegated

I understand how some fans want them relegated but for me I'd want them to stay in the league. I'd want that rivalry and games like last night (without the knuckle dragging pond life who think its funny to chant about a persons death)

Well we're on 49 points now, and the remaining fixtures are :-

Doncaster (A) - 1-0 win

Brighton (A) - 0-0 draw

Palace (H) - 2-1 win

Bristol City (A) - 1-0 win

Ipswich (H) - 2-0 win

Leeds (A) -2-0 loss

Middlesbrough (H) - 2-1 loss

Cardiff (A) - 3-1 loss

Portsmouth (A) - Probably be called off because they'll be bust but if so 2-0 win

Peterborough (H) - 1-1 always finish the season poorly

Granted these are fairly optimistic and we have a few 'easy' games coming up then a right few toughys so important to make those count! Using my optimistic results this would give us 17 points, which would hypothetically give us 66 points, which last season would have given you 11th spot. Although I think we'll end up around the 62 point mark and finish 13th.

I think a good target would be 65 points for the season, that should get us a top half finish, but anything above 60 would be good. I think six or seven of those games are winnable, and we are capable of snatching a point or even more in the others. To be honest, we should play the strongest team possible for the rest of the season, perhaps give some of the inexperienced lads a go on the final day, perhaps Naylor, Hughes, Bennett etc.

Love to see a game where the promising youngsters all play a small part whether it be starting with 2 such as hughes and bennett and then 2 more coming on as 70 minute subs like Naylor and Richards/Galinski, just to see what the futures like

Love to see a game where the promising youngsters all play a small part whether it be starting with 2 such as hughes and bennett and then 2 more coming on as 70 minute subs like Naylor and Richards/Galinski, just to see what the futures like

We'll probably have no choice by the end of the season if our injuries get any worse.

Did you think we'd get anything against Brum and Blackpool? The next two games no doubt will be tough, but you never know.

True, but the way we play away from home i cant see us winning many more. If we score early we've got a chance but if at half time the score is level, we'll try and hold on for that from then on.

After all the pre-season build up of having a 'real go' at the play-offs, I would expect at least a top half finish.

I really hope the season doesn't fizzle out from here-on in.

In other news, my blackburn supporting mate came to see Derby V. Forest - his main observation was how rubbish Theo was! Said he was like Emile Heskey Mk.II!

Archived