Kony 2012

Duracell

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Exactly - you watch forest quite a bit, don't you?

Badum bush!

Very good. I'm considering making the journey from Bedford to the City ground for the game tommorrow.

Wonder whether it's worth a 200 mile round journey knowing we will probably lose with Cotterills miserable 3-5-2 nonsense!

Anyone who thinks stopping Kony will end the problems in Uganda is simply kidding themselves. There are serious structural problems which need to be addressed and the UNA has had accusations thrown at them as well. The charity refused for an independent person/company to audit their accounts and the money going to the cause is nowhere near enough. Kony isn't the most wanted man by the I.C.C he was simply the first to be indited, number 2 on the list is his crony but the charity never mentioned him.

Africa needs help with climate change coming and the lack of healthcare and basic resources it is facing a tougher future than the present. It needs schools, roads, hospitals, central government control, free and fair elections, less weapons and many other basics which it will need to survive in the future. What Uganda doesn't need are idiots thinking that stopping one theocratic tyrant and a dwindling army will change the fortunes of the entire nation when it clearly isn't the case.

Joe summed it up above - if you are genuinely concerned go to the Amnesty website and have a look round.

On the other hand, its good that young people are even talking/reading about stuff like this.

Exactly the point. I don't dislike what they're doing, just if you truly wanna help there's better charities to donate to. I like to mock a lot of the folks that have been bringing it up, but yeah it's a great thing to have people of my generation actually interested and engaged in the conversation about it. In this social media age, we have the ability to be able to learn and react about these situations than we've ever had before. Awareness is a beautiful thing.

This is worth a read if people are still interested in this whole thing....[url=http://owinomarket.wordpress.com/2012/03/09/an-open-letter-to-invisible-children-their-followers-and-anyone-interested-in-why-kony-2012-is-completely-wrong/]http://owinomarket.w...mpletely-wrong/

I actually had a debate with a mate over this whole 'awareness' thing, simply creating awareness does nothing. Say I broke my arm at yesterday's game, I could have told everybody around me that it was broken and shown it to them, hell I could have had it announced over the p.a. so 23,000 people would have been 'aware' that I'd broken my arm. My arm isn't going to get better unless at least one of those people phones me a ambulance or gets me medical help. See simply being aware of a problem doesn't solve it. Those who are made aware need to act and that doesn't mean sticking up a poster or retweeting the ******* video.

Also I have a problem with the invisible children's angle on this, surely it's a charity's job to help the individual's affected by conflict's, not to try and stop the cause's of them. That has to be the role of government doesn't it?

Anyway, if that's all a bit heavy for ya, here's Skweezy Jibb's opinion!!

I fear a lot more African blood needs to be shed to force change across large swathes of the continent including Uganda.

Looks like he was distributing some of his own Invisible Children on to the pavement.

But jokes aside, I feel sorry for the guy. It sounds like he needs some serious help. Maybe he couldn't handle his new fame. It's amazing, and scary, what it can do even to the best of people.

Archived