Is there a place for a 5 minute sin bin.........

Fowkesy

in football? I've watched a lot of football this season and the number of times a player has been deliberately fouled when they've left a player in their wake made me think perhaps a harsher punishment would help.Then yesterday I heard that there is a proposal to scrap the red card for a 'last man' foul in the penalty area but give a yellow/red for the same offence outside.

Perhaps a sin bin would create negative football with the team with 10 men,or nine,going defensive until they were back to full strength.What do you think?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

in football? I've watched a lot of football this season and the number of times a player has been deliberately fouled when they've left a player in their wake made me think perhaps a harsher punishment would help.Then yesterday I heard that there is a proposal to scrap the red card for a 'last man' foul in the penalty area but give a yellow/red for the same offence outside.

Perhaps a sin bin would create negative football with the team with 10 men,or nine,going defensive until they were back to full strength.What do you think?

I'll answer you properly fowkesy, ignore the rabble.

It would just encourage teams to be defensive like you say. We'd bring Jake on a bit early... 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/happy' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='^_^' /> 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />

You don't need a sin bin to encourage negative football, just ask Mr Nigel Clough.

Archived