Tom Glick

Boycie

I think a lot of Glick, he has done brilliantly since coming here and I don't know how anyone can say different... I don't get where people say he puts 'spin' on stories he has been very open about plans about cutting the wage bill, he has perhaps said things that didn't come off in the end but not down to the lack of trying... he has also been a figure head in this FFP regulations coming in which will cripple other sides into our way of thinking. The lack of million pound players falling through the door is not his fault, he doesn't have anything to do with the investment side his job is maximise our income and make the best use of the 'other' americans investment.

He is consistently coming up with ways to keep crowds at Pride Park respectable, without him doing the job he is doing I would suspect that we would be closer to the 20k mark that people would care to think. I think he is the best thing to come to Derby in recent years and his work is going un-noticed!

Apart from that.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think a lot of Glick, he has done brilliantly since coming here and I don't know how anyone can say different... I don't get where people say he puts 'spin' on stories he has been very open about plans about cutting the wage bill, he has perhaps said things that didn't come off in the end but not down to the lack of trying... he has also been a figure head in this FFP regulations coming in which will cripple other sides into our way of thinking. The lack of million pound players falling through the door is not his fault, he doesn't have anything to do with the investment side his job is maximise our income and make the best use of the 'other' americans investment.

He is consistently coming up with ways to keep crowds at Pride Park respectable, without him doing the job he is doing I would suspect that we would be closer to the 20k mark that people would care to think. I think he is the best thing to come to Derby in recent years and his work is going un-noticed!

You are clearly playing devils advocate here Ambitious! I think about 95% of fans would somewhat disagree with you on that point my friend.

I wouldn't use me as an example mate, Daveo will split his sides.

Although, not wanting to blow my own trumpet, I did save the site from, shall we say certain closure last night.

Luckily for you guys, I reacted straight away to the imminent incoming security breach.

Well, there was a breach of protocol that this forum is run on, therefor the very essence that we like to call " the forum " was in jeopardy, jeopardy! That's double jeopardy.

So, I noticed all was not right, and with the reactions of a Forest fan grabbing a kid for a quid, took control of the situation and did, what could be only be described as "saved the day"

I texted Daveo.

He's just someone the fans can aim their anger at instead of Appleby and co. Acts as a go between, as Appleby probably won't keep a close eye on Derby could advise him with any money that needs to be put in (LOL) or maybe a change of strategy whethere that be financial or managerial.

Running a large organisation, any large organisation, will take a lot of work.

Those of you lucky enough to be in gainful employment - do you know what your MD/CEO does on a day to day basis? I bet it's loads, and you probably wouldn't know. And maybe even think they sit on a mountain of cash, and spend the day laughing at the unwashed masses.

Archived