Derby County v Reading

Hucknall Ram

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was going to write a lengthy resume of the game but realised someone had already put what i felt about our performance last night..

'Poor, devoid of ideas, lack of any quality, no individual skill and didn't look like scoring or even creating a decent chance throughout the game.

How many more years have this dross do we have to watch? '

Wish I knew the answer but i don't - well I do its as long as Clough is at Derby - the team reflect the manager after all !

All this talk of progression by Clough and how many points are we better off compared to last season ?!!?

I was going to write a lengthy resume of the game but realised someone had already put what i felt about our performance last night..

'Poor, devoid of ideas, lack of any quality, no individual skill and didn't look like scoring or even creating a decent chance throughout the game.

How many more years have this dross do we have to watch? '

Wish I knew the answer but i don't - well I do its as long as Clough is at Derby - the team reflect the manager after all !

All this talk of progression by Clough and how many points are we better off compared to last season ?!!?

Depends how you look at it: if you look at how we did in each individual fixture we played last year, equating relegated and promoted clubs, we are 18 points better off; if you look at it on a points per game pro rata basis we are 10 points better off, and after the same number of fixtures we are 7 points better off! All quite an improvement really!!

Depends how you look at it: if you look at how we did in each individual fixture we played last year, equating relegated and promoted clubs, we are 18 points better off; if you look at it on a points per game pro rata basis we are 10 points better off, and after the same number of fixtures we are 7 points better off! All quite an improvement really!!

So we are 7 points better off, quite an improvement ?

It would be an interest to compare them to the year before as well as that might add some weight to your agrument as we are only in year 4 of the 10 year plan, and things are looking good ;-)

If we had a couple of decent strikers and the ability to pass a ball by means other than hoofing it up hopefully, then we'd be as good as Reading.

Why, oh why did it take us 84 mins to put in a cross?

And has Clough not told the entire team that first touch is vital? Everybody's first touch is awful. Cost us so many times last night.

Fielding needs to learn how to kick, his distribution is beyond shocking.

Shackell and Barker were fantastic last night, Fielding had little to do to be honest.

Another plus- free parking at the ground, cheers Mr Steward! 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

After thinking about last night match at great length,reviewing everything with a balanced viewpoint I have come to the decision that last night was utter garbage.

Clough seemed to be happy playing for a point again,we did not /can not create anything,only Ward seems capable of running at players and how is it that Clough hasnt realised that hoofing the ball up the pitch isnt working.

Substitutions wise,Bailey was ,is and will always be awful.Robinson is incapable of controlling the ball,Davies did ok.

Derby dont have a recognised striker ,the majority of clubs in the championship do.We have a few second rate forwards,thats all they are and we need better.For a team that creates so little chances ,we need a hitman that can put them away.

All in all,...crap .

After thinking about last night match at great length,reviewing everything with a balanced viewpoint I have come to the decision that last night was utter garbage.

Clough seemed to be happy playing for a point again,we did not /can not create anything,only Ward seems capable of running at players and how is it that Clough hasnt realised that hoofing the ball up the pitch isnt working.

Substitutions wise,Bailey was ,is and will always be awful.Robinson is incapable of controlling the ball,Davies did ok.

Derby dont have a recognised striker ,the majority of clubs in the championship do.We have a few second rate forwards,thats all they are and we need better.For a team that creates so little chances ,we need a hitman that can put them away.

All in all,...crap .

Exactly what I was thinking- summed up in 2 words "Piss Poor"

Hi, didn't come on last night cos the last thing I wanna do is gloat. I wasn't there, but was there really so much difference between the sides? Not really it appears, as your posters have said a good couple of additions might make all the difference. Your central defence got rave reviews from the Reading commentary box.

At the end I guess it was like I had imagined - Reading mentally needed to get a result because with this Russian takeover we're expected to do things now. And we were play-off finalists, so not making at least play-offs would be considered a step backward. Plus every season with manager McDermott we do second half table surges - our fear is that we're up there too soon though, we usually leave it to far later.

I'd also just like to give your forum all the credit it deserves - it's been one of the discoveries of the season for us; great banter, respect both sides, and is simply a class above most other forums. Keep it up lads, and you've always got an open space with 'Royals Rendezvous' ... 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

At the start of this season there seemed to be a really strong team spirit, and despite a lack of a truly creative mid-fielder ( or two) there was a terrific workrate which made up for any shortcomings. This appears to have deserted us..........what happened??

Archived