Derby County v Reading

Hucknall Ram

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most definatley the worst Derby game i'ver ever been to. Terrible game, Derby were absolutely ***** Reading weren't much better, we didn't have 1 meaningful shot, we kept giving the ball away, even late on when we need to pump the ball in the box we just passed it to their striker. And the atmosphere! Wow! If Tom Glick was there tonight i'm sure as soon as he gets home he will go online and sign that petition himself. I sit in the east stand and i could have easily had a conversation with my mate who sits west stand upper it was that fkin quiet. Embarassing

So pissed off right now. Buck your ideas up Clough.

Bring on the saints.

Oh god.

It was w--k. How do we make every game so scrappy?

I lost count of the number of times I heard mention of a Derby player 'mis-controlling' the ball. We need to face up to the fact we have Division 1 forwards playing in the Championship. Ball will get better, Davies will get greater match fitness (whether he uses that is up to him). Our midfielders are busy but too samey and don't possess the ability to run at defenders or shoot from distance. This allows the opposition to wait for them to run out of ideas at the edge of their box. We are hard to beat but also hard to watch at present. Stick with it though. A lucky break, a bit of confidence and we'll string a few results together.

Most definatley the worst Derby game i'ver ever been to. Terrible game, Derby were absolutely ***** Reading weren't much better, we didn't have 1 meaningful shot, we kept giving the ball away, even late on when we need to pump the ball in the box we just passed it to their striker. And the atmosphere! Wow! If Tom Glick was there tonight i'm sure as soon as he gets home he will go online and sign that petition himself. I sit in the east stand and i could have easily had a conversation with my mate who sits west stand upper it was that fkin quiet. Embarassing

So pissed off right now. Buck your ideas up Clough.

Bring on the saints.

Oh god.

The atmosphere certainly needs to improve. But I fear that NC's style of football is getting the atmosphere it deserves.

Why does deriving fun at our neighbours make up for the fact that we have a clueless manager who insists on setting his side out to play the most dismal and dour style of football imaginable

It doesn't make up for the fact we were ***** it just softens the blow.

Thought Reading looked like a good top six side - athletic, fast, could control and ball and pass to each other. In other words, everything we were not. Our midfield with Bryson, Carroll and Hendrick looks so lightweight other teams must sit in the changing room before the game and rub their hands.

Give me a Tongue, a Eustace, anyone who can control a football at pace and do something useful with it.

Thank goodness the defence played well, and we had a good deal of luck in our area, otherwise it would have been a cricket score.

Oh dear - we must have been.... 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' />

Oh Mrs - couldn't understand it. We sat deep, couldn't keep posession, the worst 1st touches from a fair few of the players I think I've ever seen, Shackell took a throw in and hit the back of Roberts who was hobbling about, Tyson didn's seem to have much of a clue for their first corner, Green hesitant, predicatable (always passing out wide to Ward, not much in the way of creativity...) I'm sure the list goes on

Thought Reading looked like a good top six side - athletic, fast, could control and ball and pass to each other. In other words, everything we were not. Our midfield with Bryson, Carroll and Hendrick looks so lightweight other teams must sit in the changing room before the game and rub their hands.

Give me a Tongue, a Eustace, anyone who can control a football at pace and do something useful with it.

Thank goodness the defence played well, and we had a good deal of luck in our area, otherwise it would have been a cricket score.

Really Reading sounded poor (though not as bad as DCFC)?

Why on earth has Bailey been dropped for Carroll, Bailey should start v Southampton also drop Tyson as he sounded like he had a shocker.

Archived