Giant Flag at Pride Park

therams69

I'm concerned that a medium ranking DCFc official will get hauled over the coals anyway without further egging on. Not saying he/she doesn't deserve it but no need to go OTT.

My apologies to Joe for MY over-reaction.

I don't think this reaction is OTT - if an official gets pulled up for giving Nick a rubbish reference, it's right IMO.

Everything Nick's done and tried to do, he's gone through the proper channels first with the club. Nothing underhand and all above board. So my question is why the bad reference? I can't figure that out if the person involved has been included in all what's been said.

Nick's not at liberty to post what he said but I'd be interested to hear his reasons.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nick

Maybe the difficulty is that the club have to provide a signed testimony and cannot personally vouch for your situation at the Blackpool game. Possibly they are unable to sign a statement not knowing the exact situation and facts, I doubt they have given a negative statement but have just been unable to provide a testimony. This situation is no different to when asked to provide a reference for someone you don't know too well, professionally you have to decline providing a reference, this doesn't mean the person is bad but just you cannot sign off on something of such a legal nature without being able to say 100% it is correct.

Only a thought Nick, as I am sure I join many other fans that would say from the posts on this forum that you seem a sound guy. It might be that further discussion with the club might enable you to understand what has happened and more importantly why it has happened.

I hope you get this sorted out as it would be in everyones best interests, it seems DCFC are being dragged in to an incident initiated by Blackpool (bar) stewards...!!!

Nick

Maybe the difficulty is that the club have to provide a signed testimony and cannot personally vouch for your situation at the Blackpool game. Possibly they are unable to sign a statement not knowing the exact situation and facts, I doubt they have given a negative statement but have just been unable to provide a testimony. This situation is no different to when asked to provide a reference for someone you don't know too well, professionally you have to decline providing a reference, this doesn't mean the person is bad but just you cannot sign off on something of such a legal nature without being able to say 100% it is correct.

Only a thought Nick, as I am sure I join many other fans that would say from the posts on this forum that you seem a sound guy. It might be that further discussion with the club might enable you to understand what has happened and more importantly why it has happened.

I hope you get this sorted out as it would be in everyones best interests, it seems DCFC are being dragged in to an incident initiated by Blackpool (bar) stewards...!!!

I see where you are coming from..good post 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

I would have thought Nick's character reference would have been from the clubs own opinion of him and not what went off at Blackpool?

I'm struggling to find a negative.

Is there a hooligan element involved? No.

Has he addressed the club in the right way? Yes.

Has TG & NC ever said anything negative? No, Cloughy has even praised the lads before if I remember right? Nick could confirm that if it's true.

Still struggling 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wacko' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':wacko:' />

I'm concerned that a medium ranking DCFc official will get hauled over the coals anyway without further egging on. Not saying he/she doesn't deserve it but no need to go OTT.

My apologies to Joe for MY over-reaction.

Speaking on my own behalf, I was just going to send a polite email. Ask a few questions. Simple.

I would have thought Nick's character reference would have been from the clubs own opinion of him and not what went off at Blackpool?

Has TG &amp; NC ever said anything negative? No, Cloughy has even praised the lads before if I remember right? Nick could confirm that if it's true.

Still struggling 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wacko' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':wacko:' />

The problem is that it is an independent body wanting a character reference in an adjudication matter. Like I said though, from Nicks posts on this forum, you would be inclined to support him but if asked for a signed testimony it is unfortunately a different sort of issue.

I'm not saying this explanation is correct but I'm just trying to look at this pragmatically to find reason for what has happened.

The best course of action would still be to talk with the club about this matter to try and find a solution. Maybe the club can arbitrate in a meeting with a representative from Blackpool, after all this is what initiated the problem. Again, only offered in good faith as a potential remedy to the situation.

Thanks for all the support guys...

What I can say is...... The refefence I asked for was to a particular person. The reference did not need to be signed. The reference required had nothing to do with Blackpool (just about me) and what there opinion was on me as a person.

Has TG & NC ever said anything negative? No, Cloughy has even praised the lads before if I remember right? Nick could confirm that if it's true.

Can I click the LIKE button once or a hundred times?!!!

Cos nick is a grade A coconut that drinks Girly beer out of a bottle, he has pretty Rosie cheeks, and he is poor at pool!!

Blokes a waste of space!! and that big flag needs a wash as it stinks of old jock straps.

At last, we see exactly what DCFC put in the character reference.

Archived