Good Man Management Skills?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just read this from the the Telegraph site. Thought it was interesting given the flack Cloughy takes regarding dealing with players.

[url=http://www.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/Ward-high-strikes-right-note-Rams/story-14123603-detail/story.html]http://www.thisisder...tail/story.html

This can’t be right. Despite all the positive comments about Clough from both players and ex-players I’ve been reliably informed on this forum that our manager’s man management skills are crap.

I suspect money has changed hands and I expect some trusty journalist will soon reveal this to be Clough’s Villas-Boas moment. Look out for Ward rushing over to involve Clough in his next goal celebration.

Can I point out Croft has already at the beginning of the season stated that he was told what he needed to do to get back into the squad which is what he worked on. Hence back in the squad. He is injured with the ankle at present.

Maguire has been told to work on something and become more consistant - whats the issue there

Cywka - He has probably been told the same

Leacock - would not be getting anywhere near this team Barker, Shackell and OB's form has shown he is 4th choice but would suggest 5th choice after Buxton.

I want to hear something from Cywka, Maguire, Croft and Leacock tbh.

Not from Clough's blue-eyed boys like Ben Davies, Conor Doyle, Jamie Ward and other pussycats.

Cwyka is a strange one but we don't see him day in day out in training. The others you mention are either inconsistent, injured or surplus- how that reflects on Cloughs management skills (or lack of) is beyond me. Trouble is, you are only allowed 11 players on the field

Cwyka is a strange one but we don't see him day in day out in training. The others you mention are either inconsistent, injured or surplus- how that reflects on Cloughs management skills (or lack of) is beyond me. Trouble is, you are only allowed 11 players on the field

Fair enough. But i can see Ben Davies playing week in week out.

To be honest he is UTTER dross for the last 15 games or something.

Bennett was much better when he came in but Clough said he had no impact. WTF?

What the feckin impact Davies made for the last couple of months?

I bet Cywka would be bollocked and dropped for this kind of perfomance.

Maguire is inconsistent? OK. Ben Davies is consistent **** but playing. Where is the logic?

Fair enough. But i can see Ben Davies playing week in week out.

To be honest he is UTTER dross for the last 15 games or something.

Bennett was much better when he came in but Clough said he had no impact. WTF?

What the feckin impact Davies made for the last couple of months?

I bet Cywka would be bollocked and dropped for this kind of perfomance.

Maguire is inconsistent? OK. Ben Davies is consistent **** but playing. Where is the logic?

To be honest, I think he is probably trying to keep Bennetts feet on the ground- we don't want another Giles Barnes. As for Davies, I actually thought he played well first half against bristol, second half wasn't too clever though, I'll give you that! I think the thing is with him he is capable of putting in good balls- he did at least 3 in the first half last game- that can get you the goal. All we need to do is let Priskin know that you are allowed to jump to head the ball and we can expect a few more goals!

To be honest, I think he is probably trying to keep Bennetts feet on the ground- we don't want another Giles Barnes. As for Davies, I actually thought he played well first half against bristol, second half wasn't too clever though, I'll give you that! I think the thing is with him he is capable of putting in good balls- he did at least 3 in the first half last game- that can get you the goal. All we need to do is let Priskin know that you are allowed to jump to head the ball and we can expect a few more goals!

I would say Beckham is capable of putting in good balls so he can keep his place in the team just because of that.

Davies is nowhere near as good as him. His set-pieces are useless. He has one good cross out of ten.

So he looks like a passenger to me. At least drop him until Steve Davies is fit. The only our player who can head the ball.

Archived