When do you stick it up?

Day

First week of December for me, having a Xmas tree up in November just seems daft. Went to B&Q earlier and loads of people walking out with trees and decorations, one kid even had a Xmas tree jumper on with flashing led lights, stupid.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i wouldnt bother at all,although i did try to reach a compromise and have the tree up on xmas eve and pack it away on boxing day.i was overruled.

Same here. I reckon next year I'll win, I'm going down the 'look at the mess it makes' road.

She used to love Christmas but I keep pointing out the hassle and mess it causes and I'm slowly breaking her Christmas spirit.

Once the trees gone I'm focusing on stopping the gift buying for our families on the grounds of 'why should I buy them stuff when I don't ******* like them'

Same here. I reckon next year I'll win, I'm going down the 'look at the mess it makes' road.

She used to love Christmas but I keep pointing out the hassle and mess it causes and I'm slowly breaking her Christmas spirit.

Once the trees gone I'm focusing on stopping the gift buying for our families on the grounds of 'why should I buy them stuff when I don't ******* like them'

Get a tree that doesn't moult Mrs Norfolk 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ph34r:' />

Grit your teeth and bear it is my christmas spirit. I'm already annoyed at the prospect of my wife buying stuff for family when all we receive is absolute crap. I've often tried to initiate a truce where noone bothers buying each other presents anymore but its never entertained.

Grit your teeth and bear it is my christmas spirit. I'm already annoyed at the prospect of my wife buying stuff for family when all we receive is absolute crap. I've often tried to initiate a truce where noone bothers buying each other presents anymore but its never entertained.

Spot on mate all you ever get is **** you don't want

Is it just me who wondered what the thread title meant? 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':rolleyes:' />

Anyhoo, moving on.......

Ah, tis that time of year again folks, when all things festive appear in my house. My decs make their appearance on the 1st of December. I figure that Christmas falls in December, so why not stick em up on the 1st. It normally takes me a couple of hours to trim up but I refuse to have them awful foil things hanging from the ceiling, they're proper sad.

Yesterday, Dav saw the baubles in the club shop but I'm sorry, I had to put me foot down with a firm hand and banned him from getting some, they just wouldn't match me colour scheme. That's a no no for me.

I have to shift me furniture about a bit this year, otherwise I haven't got room for me tree. Can't have that.

I will confess though, a couple of decs in the form of tea light holder/bauble things, have already made their appearance, I just couldn't wait no more. I know, I'm sad aren't I but I can't help it, I love Christmas!

Is it just me who wondered what the thread title meant? 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':rolleyes:' />

Anyhoo, moving on.......

Ah, tis that time of year again folks, when all things festive appear in my house. My decs make their appearance on the 1st of December. I figure that Christmas falls in December, so why not stick em up on the 1st. It normally takes me a couple of hours to trim up but I refuse to have them awful foil things hanging from the ceiling, they're proper sad.

Yesterday, Dav saw the baubles in the club shop but I'm sorry, I had to put me foot down with a firm hand and banned him from getting some, they just wouldn't match me colour scheme. That's a no no for me.

I have to shift me furniture about a bit this year, otherwise I haven't got room for me tree. Can't have that.

I will confess though, a couple of decs in the form of tea light holder/bauble things, have already made their appearance, I just couldn't wait no more. I know, I'm sad aren't I but I can't help it, I love Christmas!

lady ram I think everyone wondered what the title meant 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' /> and 1st of december for me is a little early even though I know loads of people who think that 1st of december is the right time to put the tree and such things up.

Archived