West Ham v Derby County

Day

I am surprised no-one has commented on Fielding being rooted to his line when the cross came over for Cole's equaliser. That changed the whole game. 1-0 up at half time and we could have carried on as we were, a fluke (albeit terrific volley from Nolan) and a penalty (that wasn't) were really the difference, but If Fielding had manned up and challenged for the ball then it could have been a different story. I would start Ledge next game.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am surprised no-one has commented on Fielding being rooted to his line when the cross came over for Cole's equaliser. That changed the whole game. 1-0 up at half time and we could have carried on as we were, a fluke (albeit terrific volley from Nolan) and a penalty (that wasn't) were really the difference, but If Fielding had manned up and challenged for the ball then it could have been a different story. I would start Ledge next game.

The reason he was on his line because he would of had to gone though a pack of players, he acually went back on his line. TBH I think it was Shackel and Piskin should of done better, as a goalie myself I would expect my players to handle crosses like that. Frankie made some great saves that kept us in the game until a great strike by Nolen and Bryson's stuiped challenge (which I though it was a penaulty at 1st, replays show it may not of been)

The reason he was on his line because he would of had to gone though a pack of players, he acually went back on his line. TBH I think it was Shackel and Piskin should of done better, as a goalie myself I would expect my players to handle crosses like that. Frankie made some great saves that kept us in the game until a great strike by Nolen and Bryson's stuiped challenge (which I though it was a penaulty at 1st, replays show it may not of been)

I agree with the previous poster, I thought Fielding should have come for it and cleaned it out, it was 6 yards out and when the cross first came in he was 3 yards out. He made some good saves and played decent but the first he should have come for it. There wasnt a pack of players there was our two defenders and Cole.

I agree with the previous poster, I thought Fielding should have come for it and cleaned it out, it was 6 yards out and when the cross first came in he was 3 yards out. He made some good saves and played decent but the first he should have come for it. There wasnt a pack of players there was our two defenders and Cole.

Seems packed to me http://www.whufc.com/javaImages/cc/30/0,,12562~10236108,00

Personally how it panned out I don't think would of got to it, Shackel and Paskin would of been in the way

I've been to the game. We played very well first half, but the equaliser came at a bad time. They were simply bigger than us.

Bearing in mind we had this was Barker, Bailey and Green's first start after being out for months. Brayford and Priskin aren't match fit yet.

We had two defenders on the bench because we had two defenders who probably weren't going to last the match.

Yes we need a win, but I think we will win one of the next two, then we will go on a decent run.

I.agree.We were the better team 1st half.They didnt impress me in the first half.

Lets not forget that Brayford,Barker,Green & Bailey arent match fit yet & will take a few more games.

Got beat by a wonder goal & dodgy pen.

We WILL beat Brighton on Tues.Keep the faith!

Seems packed to me http://www.whufc.com/javaImages/cc/30/0,,12562~10236108,00

Personally how it panned out I don't think would of got to it, Shackel and Paskin would of been in the way

Well he has these things called arms which means he can meet it at a higher point and he can do things like call so the players block the oppostion player off instead of trying to head the ball. A keeper should clear the area out. For example Poom when he was here would have not dropped back to his line

Fielding is, in my opinion, at fault for the first goal. Not because he doesn't come for the ball but because he moves towards the near post and, in doing so, gives himself no chance of saving a header which is not into the far corner of the goal. If he had stayed central he would have had a relatively easy save to make.

1 win in 16 says it all really. We have one good run every season then its back to the usual rubbish. 3 years into the job and I havent a clue where we are going. Everyone keeps telling me our keeper and back 4 are better than the last lot yet we still cant defend for toffee

this is how i feel 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' />

I don't think he can be blamed for not coming into the packed area. However he was at fault - because when he went to his line he stood well over to one side and was very flat footed. leaving two thirds of the goal open for Cole to head into and no chance of fielding getting anywhere near any header.

This left Cole with an easy choice to make. How many times do you see a keeper stood in the middle of their goal save a header from 6 yards out - a damn site more than one stood over to one side. That is because the striker has to choose where to put the ball and normally cant make their mind up and put it straight down the middle.

If you get the chance watch the replay, you will see Brayford brilliantly spotting that there is only one place the ball will be going as soon as the cross is hit. he sees fielding over to one side and leaves his man and tries to fill the space left by Fielding's poor positioning.

Archived