Harry Redknapp

MrsRam

Wow he has lost a match away at Southampton, clearly clueless. He cant know anything about football tactics being a manager and a player for how long with pretty good success.

I was suprised to read the other day Southampton's wage bill is loads higher than Derby's.

soz emijlc02, couldn't resist it..... 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' /> 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aside from the fact I don't like him at all, I don't actually think he's the best English manager.

I'd approach Roy Hodgson first. Already has international experience with three countries (and therefore has tounrmanent and qualifier experience), and has managed Inter Milan (I imagine this would help when sussing out different countries styles of play).

Lampard is a million times more talented than Scott Parker.

But I'd pick Parker above him for England every day of the week.

Scott Parker deserves the armband. He plays at the top of his ability for club and country. All-round top bloke. He's earned the armband.

We have a good generation coming through now, but the current one is lost. Let's show the new generation what we expect from a captain...

He took Spurs from near enough bottom of the table when he took over to winning against inter milan in the champions league, and what money has he actually spent on both transfers and wages ,, nothing compared to the other teams in the top 5 , for me he is the right man for the job

Also Paker is the type of player I don't really like, a guy who just runs and hacks people, heck a bit like Stuart Pearce.

He's was a real "headless chicken" in the Arsenal game.

That's one game. Generally he's been superb and his game is alot more in depth than being a hacker. If that's all he was, I'm not sure how he would've found a way into Tottenham's midfield.

Also, this job isn't just about how good you are at football, it's about being a man, and a role model. The guy has never been in trouble or courted controversy, and although his disciplinary record isn't like Lineker's, he's as honest as the day is long.

The way he handled himself making sure Vermaelen was ok after he got the red card last week shows what a top class man he is. Worthy of the armband in my book.

He took over spurs, lets face it, they were never ever going to go down.....and then he spent 200 million and won.....??? Hmmmm, exactly, nothing at all. Absolutely nothing, not a tin pot cup, nothing.

Its a joke he is even talked about as the next manager.

He's spent nowhere near what some of the other big clubs have spent, and he started further back than they did.

Finishing in the Champions League spot with a club not in the top four is, unfortunately, a far greater achievment that winning the FA Cup these days. That is the trophy he won, and he'll win it again this year.

Not saying he's the right man for the job but I don't understand your hatred for him. All sorts of arguments as to why he's not the right man for the job but you seem to only have one reason yourself, and that's personal hatred for him.

He's spent nowhere near what some of the other big clubs have spent, and he started further back than they did.

Finishing in the Champions League spot with a club not in the top four is, unfortunately, a far greater achievment that winning the FA Cup these days. That is the trophy he won, and he'll win it again this year.

Not saying he's the right man for the job but I don't understand your hatred for him. All sorts of arguments as to why he's not the right man for the job but you seem to only have one reason yourself, and that's personal hatred for him.

He will win his usual again this year, absolutely nothing after spending another cool hundred million.

I dont hate the man, i just think he is a rubbish manager, tactically inept and just because he is the media darling we are all forced to live him, well not me.

If anyone can explain to me how a man who has won the same as Joe Royle and John Sillet is getting even considered for the biggest football job in the country, if not the world, then i will be quiet. But no one can, because no one actually knows.

He will win his usual again this year, absolutely nothing after spending another cool hundred million.

I dont hate the man, i just think he is a rubbish manager, tactically inept and just because he is the media darling we are all forced to live him, well not me.

If anyone can explain to me how a man who has won the same as Joe Royle and John Sillet is getting even considered for the biggest football job in the country, if not the world, then i will be quiet. But no one can, because no one actually knows.

Because maybe the suits at fa hq have calculators that don't keep showing made up figures of how much he spent, and maybe they have looked at all the medals previous managers have had from the past 40 plus years and have decided to go with someone who will get the best out of our under performing players, rather than who has the biggest trophy cabinet.

You say it's nothing personal yet u would rather have Stuart Pearce in charge, someone who has failed at every club he has been at , funny that.

Archived