Harry Redknapp

MrsRam

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like his "im so stupid, i couldnt even find a bank in Monaco" and "im a giver not a taker" (that

Might change soon Arry) and the best one..."stop staring at me(to a copper) you are putting me off"

Please,everyone,download Alan Davies podcast this week, the Tuesday Club,ice station zero, the funniest thing i have heard in years.

Something seems odd that all this hassle for a £10k tax bill!!

is this all they have him bang to rights on or is there A LOT more behind the scenes that we dont know about???

I would hope he was paying slightly more than 10k on 180K, he must have good accountants, he should be paying nearer 70k in tax on the value his dog had in its account. Expensive pedigree chum me thinks....hmmm

He'll get off, no dobut about it, he would have forked out for the best lawyer he could find, and the day after he is cleared there will be a 4 page spread of him in the sun talking about his 'ordeal'

It's not the amount that counts it's if he's found defrauding HMRC that is the serious bit. A bit like lying in court, has a very severe penalty.

the taxman obviously has a real beef with him, as already pointed out here probably only just the tip of the iceberg.

one thing though, if Harry's up to it, others are likely to be too

not sure how pompey fans feel about being so much in dept and all these 'bungs' being paid for their transfers. wonder if that's why there's 'undisclosed fees'.....

The Tottenham Hotspur manager Harry Redknapp and Milan Mandaric, the owner of Sheffield Wednesday, have been cleared of evading tax on payments totalling £189,000 that were made by Mandaric into Redknapp's offshore bank account while the two men were at Portsmouth football club.

Both Redknapp, who served as manager of Portsmouth, and Mandaric, the club's former owner, had denied the charges during the three-week trial at Southwark crown court, arguing that the money was given as a gesture of friendship and had nothing to do with Redknapp's job.

The first charge of cheating the public revenue alleged that between 1 April 2002 and 28 November 2007 Mandaric paid $145,000 (£93,100) into the account.

The second charge for the same offence related to a sum of $150,000 (£96,300) allegedly paid between 1 May 2004 and 28 November 2007.

The prosecution had claimed that the two sums represented bonuses for Redknapp and were therefore eligible to have tax paid on them. Redknapp received the first payment from Mandaric, it was said, to make up for money he lost on the profitable sale of Peter Crouch to Aston Villa in 2002.

After Crouch was sold, Portsmouth paid Redknapp a bonus of £115,473, representing 5% of the net profit, with PAYE tax and national insurance deducted. Mandaric acknowledged that Redknapp was unhappy with that figure as he felt he was due 10% of the profits because he had had to work hard to convince his boss to sign Crouch in the first place.

Four days after he received the £115,473 from Portsmouth, Redknapp went to Monaco on Mandaric's suggestion and personal recommendation to open the bank account.

Redknapp told the court that when asked to chose a password for the account, he had opted for Rosie47, in honour of his pet bulldog and the year of his birth. A month later, Mandaric paid the $145,000 into the Monaco account.

Mandaric described the first payment as "seed money", given to "do something special for Harry" and intended to help his friend grow profitable investments. He also denied that the second payment of $150,000 was in any way connected to Redknapp's job, saying it was merely paid into the account because the investments had lost their value and he felt "embarrassed" by the losses, as he had a reputation as shrewd investor.

Shocker...complete shocker.... the number of times people have given me 150,000 because they were embarrassed about an investment they made is unreal..!!

The only good thing to come out of this is we all now know the name of the spiv's dog..!

Best thing is, now he's been cleared, nothing stands in his way of becoming the next England manager. Great, great news eh?

Best thing is, now he's been cleared, nothing stands in his way of becoming the next England manager. Great, great news eh?

Wait a minute, let me ask Rosie..."woof grrrr woof woof yap woof woof woof yap yap"....oh she says "yes it's great news, just put the bonus in the Monaco account, and don't tell Milan"

"Stop staring at me, you are putting me off"

Archived