M5 crash

MorecambeRam

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

no mate. i wont drive for them.Doing an automatic test anyway.Royal mail vans are manual. my instructor is a red dog too.giving me some ***** at the moment,after all ive been giving him

Just ask him what's worse losing 3-2 to one of the highest scorers in the championship or getting diced 3-0 by Pompey.

As daft as it seems, I don't think thats a major issue. Its the (mostly) male drivers who are so arrogant that they believe rules don't apply to them.

When you see the warnings on the motorway telling you to slow to 50mph, some ******* seem to think it doesn't mean them.

This is so true. Its the following ideas from these types of drivers which annoy me:

"Its okay for me to speed or drive so close to that car in front - my car has ABS, I can stop on the edge of a postage stamp"

"Doesn't matter if I hit that car - it will be their fault, not mine,"

"I'll drive close to that car in front, should make them go faster,"

"I'm such a good driver I can use a mobile in one hand, read a map and close a sale all whilst driving,"

"My music is the best - I must share it with the world whether they like it or not," (referring to monstrously loud music systems in cars which measure on the richter scale)

"I haven't got time to park properly," (cars who park over the line in the car park therefore wasting another space)

"All women are bad drivers,"

"I'm too busy to indicate on a roundabout,"

BBC news update on the possible cause is the police are investigating whether or not a firework display held near the road caused a lot of smoke to drift over the lanes of traffic. Taunton rugby club held the display, but haven't commented yet. Police have described it as a major line of enquiry.

It's not rocket science that a great big bonfire with fire works will produce smoke.

edit (pun not intended)

There's been no mention of a bonfire Boycie - just fireworks. Owt could have gone off, a rocket could have gone a bit skewiff and shot off into the m'ways direction. How distracting would that be? It happened to me once at a professional display, a rocket whizzed straight past me head. Horrible it was, if I'd've been stood another inch to me right....

Doesn't matter what the speed limit is, driving in the UK is always going to be dangerous while people tailgate.

If you're reading this now and you take the habbit of following right behind cars at 80mph, then you need to know right now that you're a complete and utter w*nker, putting not only your life but all divers' and passengers' ones in the cars around you too. If you can't work out why it's dangerous then for the love of man, please just sell your car now and never drive ever ever again.

That's one of many reasons why we have so many road deaths in this country.

• 1 month later...

This happened just down the road from where i live and work and as i was on lates i could see the carnage afterwards which made me feel sick to my stomach. Traffic was busy because of people rushing back from the Bridgwater carnival and it was also busy northbound which is surprising given it being after 7pm.

Terrible tragedy what happened on the M5. Im learning to drive at the moment and things like this are off-putting to say the least

This happened just down the road from where i live and work and as i was on lates i could see the carnage afterwards which made me feel sick to my stomach. Traffic was busy because of people rushing back from the Bridgwater carnival and it was also busy northbound which is surprising given it being after 7pm.

Terrible tragedy what happened on the M5. Im learning to drive at the moment and things like this are off-putting to say the least

That's awful Somerset. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' />

Have there been any further updates from the police enquiry yet?

That's awful Somerset. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' />

Have there been any further updates from the police enquiry yet?

Havent heard a thing ladyram. Our local paper is more interested in a wall on the riverbed collapsing then getting to the bottom of what actually happened and why. There was a minutes silence in the town centre on the sunday after the incident which was well attended but since then our local paper hasnt printed a thing about it. Personally i dont blame the Rugby club as theyve firworks displays in worse conditins on exactly the same night every year and nothing has happened. That M5 between Bristol and Taunton is a terrible stretch of motorway and many accidents happen on it all the time. Made me laugh how some woman from Taunton came on the telly and said "theres hardly ever an accident round here"............rose tinted specs. Most of the locals avoid that motorway and use the A38

Motorway driving is not a given after passing your test, I advise motorway lessons.

It's a nightmare as you say, it's not always something you do that could wipe you out.

You need to be checking your mirrors all the time, and take nothing for granted. But, if you worried about things, you'd never leave the house.

People driving too close at speed is the biggest killer I think.

Archived