Trick or Treat

Day

Trick or Treating  

13 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm not a parent but if I was I'd give my kid a fiver and take him/her to the shop and buy a load of sweets for Halloween.

With all the sickos and peados around how could you allow your kids out in the dark knocking on strangers doors asking for sweets. When I was at school we was told not to talk to or take sweets from people you don't know, doesn't this kinda go against that?

I live in a sh!thole area, I can guarentee my door will be knocked on at least 20 times tonight by kids as young as 8 or 9 out alone whilst the parents are probably sat at home drinking Carling watching Eastenders without a TV licence in a rent free council house.

Won't just be 8 or 9 year olds either, we'll get groups of 16-18 year olds with a bucket asking for White Lightening and fags.

It's begging and it's wrong trick or treating should be banned.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm just putting on my asbestos glove & heating up some 20p coins on the stove for the early 'trick or treaters'.

Just had to laugh at MrRam, opened the door with a packet of sweets and it was someone wanting their catalogue back - lol.

As per usual, you are wrong YR.

in your view, or are you just a miserable git who hates trick or treating? 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' /> I used to love trick or treating around my neighborhood was brilliant, and if little kids want to do that, well why not? it is good fun for them 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

I hate seeing young kids on the streets begging, I hate having my door bashed in by 16-18 year old scumbags begging. If that makes me a miserable git then so be it. Didn't it used to be a 2 hour time frame that it was done in as well? not anymore, it will go on until 11pm ish as usual.

while the act is essentially begging as you point out, the context is completely different. It is supposed to be good natured and young children having fun, now if a 16-18 year old knocked on my door I admit i would give them nothing and tell them to do something else. Again 11 pm? the latest it gets round here is 9.00pm which is reasonable, it is primarily for youngsters who are going out and having a good time with friends. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

It's only "young children having fun" [size=1]young ram15 2011[/size]

obviously it is a different experience depending where you live and who lives in your area, all i have experienced are little kids dressed up excited to be out at dark in group or with mum/dad. To me that is harmless, i said what i would do if I encountered 16-18 year olds. You do get a few who ruin it, just like with anything but that shouldn't detract from the youngsters having some fun.

It's putting kids into what could be a dangerous situation, knocking on complete strangers doors how can that be a good thing.

What about pet's on nights like these?

Mr Bloggs forgets or doesn't care it's trick or treat night, comes to the door with his pitbull that likes to eat little people...

Mrs Bloggs goes to her door with her tame dog, the dog sh!ts itself seeing a large group of kids in masks at the door...

What about the elderly, sat at home frightened each time their door gets bashed, not knowing if it's a group of young kids with parents or teenagers ready to egg them?

It's putting kids into what could be a dangerous situation, knocking on complete strangers doors how can that be a good thing.

What about pet's on nights like these?

Mr Bloggs forgets or doesn't care it's trick or treat night, comes to the door with his pitbull that likes to eat little people...

Mrs Bloggs goes to her door with her tame dog, the dog sh!ts itself seeing a large group of kids in masks at the door...

What about the elderly, sat at home frightened each time their door gets bashed, not knowing if it's a group of young kids with parents or teenagers ready to egg them?

dangerous situation hardly, they are in groups or with their mum and dad also it would be fairly obvious if a kid was took on Halloween that it would be fairly local, it is that kind of scaremongering that makes kids scared to go to the local park.My dog is fine, what he isn't fine about are ****** having fireworks before bonfire night and gong stir crazy, my dog can handle little kids knocking on the door as can most. Again most dogs are friendly, and all sensible owners would make sure the dog wouldn't be outside. The elderly around my area are given signs to put in their windows if they don't want trick or treaters, again not difficult.

dangerous situation hardly, they are in groups or with their mum and dad also it would be fairly obvious if a kid was took on Halloween that it would be fairly local. My dog is fine, what he isn't fine about are ****** having fireworks before bonfire night and gong stir crazy, my dog can handle little kids knocking on the door as can most. Again most dogs are friendly, and all sensible owners would make sure the dog wouldn't be outside. The elderly around my area are given signs to put in their windows if they don't want trick or treaters, again not difficult.

Think outside your area and how you deal with trick or treaters and kids that have parents with them.

Think outside your area and how you deal with trick or treaters and kids that have parents with them.

outside my area? what in general outside of my sphere? i treat them nicely, am friendly to the kids and give them some sweets. You may say that is sinister and giving these reasons to be against it, my school which was a pretty average comprehensive went over if you go trick or treating the do's and dont's , when your prime reason for not liking trick or treating is that you call it begging.

Archived