ipad or android?

Boycie

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The success of both platforms would suggest that neither platform is the best. It really boils down to personal preference.

Pop along to an Apple store and ask for a demonstration of the iPad 2 but also have a go on it yourself.

Pop along to PC World (or wherever they sell the Galaxy) and also have a go on that.

You may find you take a liking to one particular platform or you will still be indecisive.

I personally use an iPad but then its good for me because I had an iPod and built up a music collection on iTunes, which automatically transferred onto the iPad. I also have an iPhone so for me - its having the compatibility between all devices.

You tend to get better apps with Apple than Android, the tide may change in the future as Android becomes more popular but at the moment the apps are released first on Apple and they have more features.

The FL app, been out on Apple since last season, Android has only just now got it

Sky Sports, not sure if Android has it yet but again the app store has had it ages

Facebook you can do pretty much everything you can online including managing pages, Android not on yer nelly

The only thing I miss from Android is the Gmail app, but then you don't use Gmail and the Mail app pre-installed on the iPad would give you push mail for Hotmail.

Have you thought why you want one of these in the first place? They aren't any good at anything, just fashion items.

If you're loaded and just want to show off, go for the one you thinks coolest.

Oh, and Android pees all over the Apple stuff.

well, if I had a tab or a pad, then I could spend more time on here as the missus fights me for the laptop.

Get neither I hear you say! 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' /> 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/angry' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':angry:' />

Put yer foot down fella like I do..............

[size=1]whats that more tea love?[/size]

It all depends on what you want it for...

Ease of use - Ipad2

Features - Galaxy Tab

Apps - Ipad2

Media Playback - Galaxy Tab

Style - Ipad2

The ability to watch streamed Rams matches because of Flash playback- Galaxy Tab

But as Martyn says they are a fashion accessory as you can do pretty much everything they can do and a fair bit more on a normal laptop so you could just buy another one of those. Apologies if that's just made your choice even harder...

• 2 weeks later...

Archived