Tom Glick interview on Radio Derby

AndyB

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

eustace lol

overrated over hyped over the hill

What you see as overrated, over hyped and over the hill, I see as experienced, with leadership, a player that doesnt hide and someone who will always have the ball, even at 2-0 down he's got moral courage.

We'll go through a tough patch and at that point it's tough for an 18/19 year old to always come looking for it even when the home fans are booing like mad.

That's why we need a Eustace. To get the young lads through it if needed.

We don't have too many of those stalwarts around. If he didnt burn his bridges last time around, I still think it would be 300k well spent, it would be a better buy this January than Bueno.

Bueno can come back when we're up.

I am not sure if the playing staff will realistically have a great deal of input into the development. Unless Theo is a qualified architect as well. Could Dave the club a few quid. ;D

I was talking about glick, who I believe is in charge of our (or lack of) transfer activity, surely his time would be better served looking at getting rid of the high wages rather than a new project.

Theo would probably make a better architect than footballer though 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Lack of transfer activity really? Maybe not the players you wanted etc but hardly a lack of activity this summer was there?

We know the reasons why no more are brought in and it is hardly Glick's fault no one wants our crap!

Glick has gone on record saying that he has made mistakes, and hence the reason we needed a DOF, now as we have not got one off these and it no longer appears to be on the agenda, who is now looking after our transfer activity going forward ?

My point being is that, the bead and butter of your business ie the football side, should always come first, unless he has a plan that means his or others time is not detracted from this, then its no problem. However adding a time consuming project to the agenda is going to detract from the footballing side of the business, how can it not ?

In the summer, we'll be rid of 3/4 big earners, we'll spend decent money on a couple of Shackell type fees, and we'll be a capable top 6 side. The board aren't going to push the boat out this season, because we are not a top 6 side, and they aren't going to bankroll a pipe dream. If we are still around the top 6 in January, they may dip in their pocket, but in my heart of hearts I know we are a top half team at best.

Glick has gone on record saying that he has made mistakes, and hence the reason we needed a DOF, now as we have not got one off these and it no longer appears to be on the agenda, who is now looking after our transfer activity going forward ?

My point being is that, the bead and butter of your business ie the football side, should always come first, unless he has a plan that means his or others time is not detracted from this, then its no problem. However adding a time consuming project to the agenda is going to detract from the footballing side of the business, how can it not ?

email TG and ask him.

I tend to agree, though I do understand and appreciate why GSE are not popular it does seem that absolutely EVERYTHING they do is used as a stick to beat them with.

They are here to make money, not for Derby, for their investors, the more they whittle down costs, the more they will make, if and when they go, which they will, when the right offer comes along, and when that time comes they will be of like a flash, not giving a flying fluck.

They are here to make money, not for Derby, for their investors, the more they whittle down costs, the more they will make, if and when they go, which they will, when the right offer comes along, and when that time comes they will be of like a flash, not giving a flying fluck.

So it's clearly in their interest to make sure we aren't ****.

They certainly have not made any money so far and are unlikely to do so in the near future.

Because the club has employees who concentrate of the business side of the club; aren't involved in the playing side and they will be the ones working on this? Just a guess.

Or maybe Tom will have Clough devoting his time to it? He does make mistakes as you say.

What you see as overrated, over hyped and over the hill, I see as experienced, with leadership, a player that doesnt hide and someone who will always have the ball, even at 2-0 down he's got moral courage.

We'll go through a tough patch and at that point it's tough for an 18/19 year old to always come looking for it even when the home fans are booing like mad.

That's why we need a Eustace. To get the young lads through it if needed.

We don't have too many of those stalwarts around. If he didnt burn his bridges last time around, I still think it would be 300k well spent, it would be a better buy this January than Bueno.

Bueno can come back when we're up.

Eustace is not as good a player as Hendrick or Bryson so to spend that sort of money would be a waste. If we were to spend that sort of money and with our club still loss-making I would be surprised if we would (unless we sell), we would surely want a player who has more than what we have and improve the team.

Yes Mr Glick has certainly done pretty well out of it. His salary certainly should we massively down-scaled on performance and ability.

According to the accounts he earning a little less than the previous directors, is it really something to beat them up over?

Archived