Steve Davies

EastKentRam

I've watched every away game this season and he's been ineffectual in all of them, when the impetus is on the home side and we're generally spending more of the game defending i really dont see what he offers. He doesnt hassle the opposition or run the channels like Theo does (although not today) and doesnt offer anything in the air. Away from home, imo, you need a player that does one of the those two things.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've watched every away game this season and he's been ineffectual in all of them, when the impetus is on the home side and we're generally spending more of the game defending i really dont see what he offers. He doesnt hassle the opposition or run the channels like Theo does (although not today) and doesnt offer anything in the air. Away from home, imo, you need a player that does one of the those two things.

I agree. Still think Davies could be something useful, I think his relationship with B. Davies proves that, but he needs a striker completely different to Theo to work with. Like Nugent.

The entire forward line should have stayed in bed today, for all the good they did

The Leicester subs that came on (Steve Howard, Schlup and Lloyd Dyer) looked better than our frst choice attack

I think Howard is about 6th choice striker at leicester right now - might be worth a shot at re-signing the old war-horse

His power & aggression is something we're sorely lacking. Davies looked disinterested

Why is everyone knocking Davies?

He has scored goals, what more do you want?

The last time we signed a "proven" Championship striker was Earnshaw, and he was an overpaid, lazy crock of ***** while he was here.

We haven't got the money Leicester have to sign more strikers than bloody Man City.

The last time we signed a "proven" Championship striker was Earnshaw, and he was an overpaid, lazy crock of ***** while he was here.

We haven't got the money Leicester have to sign more strikers than bloody Man City.

That's why we need the lads we do have, to give a bit more effort

An important local derby, three points up for grabs that would keep us in the top three and Davies plays like he'd rather be shopping with his missus

Steve Davies is worth playing as he will score goals. His contribution to the game is nothing unless he scores, which is the other side of the argument. In games like this we haven't got a chance with him up there. He's not going to hustle, rush and battle like some strikers. Worst player I've seen for a few years when he's not got the ball at his feet. Might aswell start with 10 men.

Obviously if he isn't on his game we rely on Theo. What a sad state of affairs attacking wise. Walking back from the ground one or two Leicester fans were commenting on how lacklustre we are up top. There not wrong.

Still need that million pound striker.

The entire forward line should have stayed in bed today, for all the good they did

The Leicester subs that came on (Steve Howard, Schlup and Lloyd Dyer) looked better than our frst choice attack

I think Howard is about 6th choice striker at leicester right now - might be worth a shot at re-signing the old war-horse

His power & aggression is something we're sorely lacking. Davies looked disinterested

Howard better not think about coming to derby after that show...........

yes he was, exactly.

You think him coming on was a tactical move?

He's not usually given a fookin kit ffs. Not usually on the bench.

bounced on like some playful puppy.

Hope he enjoyed it. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/angry' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':angry:' />

Agree mrs - I thought he looked a bit of a prat to be honest, along with Nugent.

I'm not knocking S.Davies other than the fact in general I don't think he's that good..

Just more to the point that strikers have a job other than scoring goals.. The best strikers can do the lot, score goals, link play, defend from the front, hold up the ball, harass defenders, run the channels, pull players out of position, general ball control etc..

In S.Davies he looks like a player who can bag a goal, but I don't see much else..ie. (Danny Graham) I'd much rather have someone who scores less but exceeds in the others.. Someone like Shane Long before his goalscoring antics was just as valuable as he had the others to go with his game.. Steve Morrison was another one who offered a more allround striking option. To go a scale higher during Drogbas best years under Mourinho he only bagged 10 in his first season and 15 in the second, yet his overall contribution was so much more than just goals..

Back to S.Davies, I just don't see what he offers other than the odd goal and for me personally it's not enough.. I'd rather have someone up top who'll only score 10 goals all season but offer alot more than S.Davies who looks on course for at least 15 but he'll offer us nothing in terms of support play, especially if he's up top on his own away from home.

I knew we were never really linked but my Reading mate tells me that Le Fondre looks a snip at $350k and whilst not offering as good a goalthreat as Shane Long he does all the basics (that I mentioned) really well and was definately worth the gamble.. Hopefully Nigel Clough can find us another one lying around in the bottom leagues.

Midfield is not an area that we need to strengthen up front in the area. After that showing I hoope Maguire and Cywka get a nod until Tyson fit.

Yes Davies has scored some goals but what else does he add. He should and could have had 2 against Barnsley and Theo the same. Today though they were no where near. The only players to get a shot on tarket was Bryson and Ward from distance.

I hope the young lads pick themselves up.

Archived