Steve Davies

EastKentRam

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Derby fans were chanting his name apperently, personally I think that is a bit over the top for a player who was only here for 18 months.

I like the guy, gave his all while he was here and got us promoted. Hope he got a good reception, I was certainly clapping in the pub. Just saddened me slightly to see him do what he did, maybe I'm being too sensitive.

davies wasnt very good today....but theo? crickey.....he's no touch...no balls....blah blah..... it must be disheartening playing upfront with such utter sh*te. theo could be useful off the bench....against tired legs. but evertime the ball crossed the half way line....came right back. he smacks of izzie mcCloud....fast and.....errr

....crap

Howard is one of my all time favourite players.

But the way he behaves when he plays us means he's moving down the list.

Does he not like us very much? 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' />

Don't think thast he dislikes the Rams - he was very complimentary when he signed for leicester

He just got himself fired up and loves to WIN...nowt wrong with that! Nigel shows passion on the sidelines, i just wish we had more on the pitch like Steve Howard

Don't think thast he dislikes the Rams - he was very complimentary when he signed for leicester

He just got himself fired up and loves to WIN...nowt wrong with that! Nigel shows passion on the sidelines, i just wish we had more on the pitch like Steve Howard

Nothing wrong with passion but what he did was just a little embarrassing. They were strolling by that point, atmosphere was none existent and it's not a big game in the slightest. Just struck me as a little disrespectful and laughable, but they are such a joke of a club after all. Everything they do is small time, let them have their day against the big boys, the bubble will burst eventually.

How people can slate Steve Davies is beyond me, he will always score goals because he is a naturally gifted player admitted he doesn't run around like a loon for 90 minutes but his link up play and ability in and around the box more than make up for it.

I just don't understand people's thinking on here, he IS a goalscorer a converted left mid into a striker and can boast a goal ratio of better than 1 in 3 since moving in that position, along with him we have a collection of workhorses to put the work in, I would personally try Ward or Maguire up top with him, until Tyson is fit and Robinson back on the bench.

In this division there just isn't a massive group of players that are going to be able to pick the ball up from the half way line, take on a whole defense before slotting it into the top corner 3 times a game and to be worth less than a million, we've got a good selection of strikers, another striker would just be a waste of money... a midfielder on the other hand, well that is another question all together.

How people can slate Steve Davies is beyond me, he will always score goals because he is a naturally gifted player admitted he doesn't run around like a loon for 90 minutes but his link up play and ability in and around the box more than make up for it.

I just don't understand people's thinking on here, he IS a goalscorer a converted left mid into a striker and can boast a goal ratio of better than 1 in 3 since moving in that position, along with him we have a collection of workhorses to put the work in, I would personally try Ward or Maguire up top with him, until Tyson is fit and Robinson back on the bench.

In this division there just isn't a massive group of players that are going to be able to pick the ball up from the half way line, take on a whole defense before slotting it into the top corner 3 times a game and to be worth less than a million, we've got a good selection of strikers, another striker would just be a waste of money... a midfielder on the other hand, well that is another question all together.

He's a goalscorer? Based on what? The 10 games played so far this season? He's scored two wonder goals and a penalty out of his five this season, hasnt done anywhere near enough to be labelled 'a goalscorer'

Im not denying he's got ability, he's got a quality left foot but apart from that he offers very little as a striker. I dont expect him to run around like a loon, but making runs of some sort would add to his game although i realise this may be a waste as he has no pace. His ability in the air is poor, he has little aerial threat. If you're thinking he's some sort of Kevin Phillips he's got a long way to go to prove that. By the way, im only in favour of him not being used away from home, where we're not gunna dominate possession or create as much, away he's just a passenger.

He's a goalscorer? Based on what? The 10 games played so far this season? He's scored two wonder goals and a penalty out of his five this season, hasnt done anywhere near enough to be labelled 'a goalscorer'

Im not denying he's got ability, he's got a quality left foot but apart from that he offers very little as a striker. I dont expect him to run around like a loon, but making runs of some sort would add to his game although i realise this may be a waste as he has no pace. His ability in the air is poor, he has little aerial threat. If you're thinking he's some sort of Kevin Phillips he's got a long way to go to prove that. By the way, im only in favour of him not being used away from home, where we're not gunna dominate possession or create as much, away he's just a passenger.

I was also putting the latter part of last season where he came back through injury to manage a 1 in 3 ratio, this season it's at 1 in 2 goal ratio and his goals have won us games on their own, away from home where you say he has been ineffective he scored the winner against Watford, our first away win and against Blackpool it was his shot that allowed Bryso the chance to score, so wouldn't call him ineffective, he wasn't in the team against Forest was he? and he didn't have the best of games at leicester or coventry from what I remember, but I would just keep him in the team because you know he can bring goals to the table, home or away.

TBH I am not a massive fan of Davies as I see him doing too little. I know that players have their own styles etc but for saying he was (is) actually a midfielder there should be a damn site more to his game than hanging around waiting for a chance. He has scored goals, sure he has and we should be grateful for them but would a real striker have scored more if given the same chances as him? I think so.

With Davies lack of aerial threat I would play Ward through the middle instead as it isn't like Davies holds the ball up or flicks on or heads at goal but Ward is the better striker IMO and when he gets going will get into double figures in no time. With Ward in the middle until Tyson is fit to take over (although I am not convinced he is the answer either) I think we will score more goals. Whether I would play Davies on the Left of midfield I am not sure but I am sure he is no CF.

If half our players showed as much passion as Howard did in his little cameo I'd have been happy. I'm not sure how that can be classed as disrespectful - he's been a Leicester player for over three years, what was he supposed to do on what was a very, very rare first team appearance, not try?

If half our players showed as much passion as Howard did in his little cameo I'd have been happy. I'm not sure how that can be classed as disrespectful - he's been a Leicester player for over three years, what was he supposed to do on what was a very, very rare first team appearance, not try?

fair play to him. he is a footballer trying his best for his club. It's not like he came up through the ranks at Derby and was here for most of his career. He has been at Fester twice as long as he was here. He is probably a little p*ssed off at having got us to the prem with his goals we sold him so he didn't reap the benefits (not that he was good enough for the prem)!

TBH I am not a massive fan of Davies as I see him doing too little. I know that players have their own styles etc but for saying he was (is) actually a midfielder there should be a damn site more to his game than hanging around waiting for a chance. He has scored goals, sure he has and we should be grateful for them but would a real striker have scored more if given the same chances as him? I think so.

With Davies lack of aerial threat I would play Ward through the middle instead as it isn't like Davies holds the ball up or flicks on or heads at goal but Ward is the better striker IMO and when he gets going will get into double figures in no time. With Ward in the middle until Tyson is fit to take over (although I am not convinced he is the answer either) I think we will score more goals. Whether I would play Davies on the Left of midfield I am not sure but I am sure he is no CF.

If Ward and Davies played all 46 games up top together, I would bet on Davies doubling Wards figure, although the better all round player is Ward, Davies is much more intelligent, gets himself in the positions a lot more often.

If Ward and Davies played all 46 games up top together, I would bet on Davies doubling Wards figure, although the better all round player is Ward, Davies is much more intelligent, gets himself in the positions a lot more often.

I'm afraid I disagree mate, without the people working hard around him Davies wouldn't get a kick as he rarely wins the ball for himself- the reason he gets the chance is because people like Ward are breaking their necks to put it on a plate for him. Also it would depend who was CF- Ward is playing wide at the minute and I would put money on him scoring more than Davies given equal opportunity.

I was also putting the latter part of last season where he came back through injury to manage a 1 in 3 ratio, this season it's at 1 in 2 goal ratio and his goals have won us games on their own, away from home where you say he has been ineffective he scored the winner against Watford, our first away win and against Blackpool it was his shot that allowed Bryso the chance to score, so wouldn't call him ineffective, he wasn't in the team against Forest was he? and he didn't have the best of games at leicester or coventry from what I remember, but I would just keep him in the team because you know he can bring goals to the table, home or away.

At Watford that was all he did, now if he could do that for the whole of the season then i'd be all in favour of him starting, sadly, he's not gunna score wondergoals every game, which is why im saying he needs to add more to his game. The pressure he puts on the team by his lack of aerial threat, pace or considerable work rate outweights the couple of long range shots he's contributed away from home this season

Archived