New plans for both on and off the field, unveiled 12th Oct

Boycie

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am not too keen on the plaza idea. However unfortunately the world of football is ever changing. The new financial rules will kick in shortly and this plan allows us to generates additional funds. Look around the Championship and name another club who are in the position to look into this with, without having to move grounds. This means that although I wish another idea could have been developed, I am 100% behind anything which offers security to the club and will allow for additional funds to be available for the club.

This is one idea which not many football fans will like but will be good for the area and the actual club.

I agree with you Rotherham, additional revenue streams will strengthen the club in the long term. The financial fair play rules have been given additioanl weight with the comments / threat by central government to regulate tghe sport unless it gets its house in order.

I agree with you Rotherham, additional revenue streams will strengthen the club in the long term. The financial fair play rules have been given additioanl weight with the comments / threat by central government to regulate tghe sport unless it gets its house in order.

Unfortunatly that is not a threat, it is a stark warniing that central government will get involved and will reveiw the system from top to bottom. Did you see that program, something like Dispatches or Panorama where they looked at who owned Leeds, and the claim was that none of the owners owned more than 10% so they did not have to declare themselves, and the holding company was in the Caymens....?!

The FA is a machine that is out of date and needs to be broken in order to be fixed, there is too much smell in regard to possible corruption and shady deals.

If you look at American sports history, especially NFL and Baseball, the same thing happened there and the US Government got involved. Hence GSE are looking at generating revenue rather than just chucking money at it, sooner be like we are now than in a position where suddenly the Mr Money Bags gets bored and leaves a dry empty and dead husk.

rant over, its dull at work today!

If the league was regulated correctly then Government wouldn't have to get involved and could spend it's time better like ensuring well balanced procurement for railway rolling stock rather than sorting out football. I'm not saying that football shouldn't be regulated more tightly but it shouldn't tie up central Government resource.

Totally agree there Donny, however this siemens issue will come back to haunt this shower that is in charge, as it just smells of backhanders.

My old man worked at the loco works for a couple of hundred years, and though retired now, this ******** that is happening hurt him as well.

Archived