Barry Bannan

Smyth_18

Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson is monitoring the progress of Aston Villa midfielder Barry Bannan with a view to a possible move for the 22-year-old.

Huh?

This could be one of three options.

1) the story is utter b*llocks.

2) Man U are going slightly mad.

3) He's come on leaps and bounds since his loan to us. (surely meaning we deserve money?...... please? )

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've seen quite a lot of him on the box over the last year or so. Think he's rubbish. A tidy dribbler but weak and not very intelligent. Runs into more dead ends than Cywka, is more greedy than Commons and Ward. Dunno how he played yesterday but having seen how much of a football legend Bale has become off the back of a handful of great games I think the media are going OTT again.

Week upon week he's not good enough for Villa if they want to make that top 6/7 they always dream about. IMO.

I watched QPR - Villa in a pub in Birmingham and had a chat with Villa fan who was pleased how Bannan has been playing. I thought he played very well in that match.With the resources Manu has they are probably monitoring a lot of guys they won't ever make a bid for.

• 4 weeks later...

Barry Bannan has been suspended by Aston Villa as the club carries out an internal inquiry into the midfielder's involvement in a motorway crash on Sunday.

Villa boss Alex McLeish confirmed on Monday an investigation was to be launched and Bannan did not train with the rest of the first team.

The Scotland international has since been suspended and will miss Saturday's trip to Sunderland while Villa look into the car crash, which occurred on the M1 at around 5:30am on Sunday near junction 26.

Bannan, 21, was arrested by police on suspicion on drink driving - along with Shrewsbury striker James Collins, a former Villa player - and subsequently bailed.

McLeish said in a statement: "Barry Bannan has been suspended while the club carries out internal enquiries into allegations which arose last weekend.

"He will not be available for this weekend's game at Sunderland."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,,11677_7265795,00.html

Archived