Top For A Day?

PBW Ram

Another result going our way today with Cardiff leicester drawing, now of course I know Barnsley will come and give us a tough enough test., there's something about midweek games against them that I hate, they're always annoyingly tougher than you expect.

I'm really looking forward to seeing us go for the win and saying it as quietly as I can...IF we win on Tuesday we go top. With both Boro and Southampton having tough games on Wednesday, I'd say if we beat the tykes we will be clear in second after 9 games when we wake up on Thursday morning.

With a live game against our local "rivals" to come before the international break and a chance to recharge...

What a start and much better than anything getting upto fourth.

I'm gettting excited whether you like it or not!! I can't stop myself. I'm sorry to those who would rather I kept my mouth shut :-)

Top for a day!! We're going top for a day...

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thats done it.......

I just think Tuesday is the next test RamNut.

Do this group of players have enough desire to get to the top of the league.

I think they do and I think they'll pass this test.

Top of the table Derby County, has a nice ring to it don't you think?

:-)

ah stop it please.....you'll bring on a home defeat and another stupid refereeing decision.

Excuse me, but this threads for stupidly optimistic and over the top excited people who are going to get depressed when we lose a couple of games. Go away

'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' /> haha

Excuse me, but this threads for stupidly optimistic and over the top excited people who are going to get depressed when we lose a couple of games. Go away

'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' /> haha

Can't imagine Shackell letting our standards drop for this one, not against his old mates, not when we could go top.

Can't imagine the rest of the lads wanting to let Shackell down for this one. This one HE wants to win.

He's been superb all season and the lads owe him this one.

2-0. Boom.

sing e i e i e i o....

RamNut has a point. I swear I'm the only Derby fan below 40 years old who realises how easy it is to curse these things. Listen to your elders.

If we lose, I'm holding this thread responsible. But no one will learn their lesson.

RamNut has a point. I swear I'm the only Derby fan below 40 years old who realises how easy it is to curse these things. Listen to your elders.

If we lose, I'm holding this thread responsible. But no one will learn their lesson.

I have put us to lose in the match thread, as I did for forest, in fact the only 2 I have put us to win we have lost 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' /> so a loss is my prediction every week

Seriously, I can't help it, I feel like a 5 year old again, haha,ok I'll try my best but no promises.

Can't imagine Shackell letting our standards drop for this one, not against his old mates, not when we could go top.

Can't imagine the rest of the lads wanting to let Shackell down for this one. This one HE wants to win.

He's been superb all season and the lads owe him this one.

2-0. Boom.

sing e i e i e i o....

Up the football league we go!

I'm like a football version of mystic meg. we're going top , the players have worked too hard to get themselves a chance, the incentive is there for all of them. We will be top after tuesday.

(with a disclaimer if we've lost any of our key players to injury)

oh ok

whooohoo yeah........i think we'll go top with a 6-0 win !!

i reckon hendrick will get a hat trick.....and .....it'll be the biggest win since november 89

and there will be a buzz in the air and people will talk about it for years and

they'll wear ' i woz there ' T shirts

and we'll do it with only 10 men

and there'll be a dog on the pitch and a balloon and a coffee cup and a topless streaker

oh ok

i reckon hendrick will get a hat trick.....and .....it'll be the biggest win since november 89

and they'll be a dog on the pitch and a balloon and a coffee cup and a topless streaker

Thats the spirit!

oh ok

and they'll be a dog on the pitch and a balloon and a coffee cup and a topless streaker

NO need for mindless optimism RamNut. As long as we win 1-0 and the streaker isn't a fella, the rest of the stuff you've listed can wait. ;-)

RamNut and Duracell are right. Just by mentioning it out loud you will unleash all the demons of footballing hell on us on Tuesday night.

A game we had a decent chance of winning has now been thrown away by careless talk and idle gossip.

Contain yourselves gentlemen, act with decorum at all times (at least in public).

Privately you can run naked round the house singing eieieio until the cows come home, (you may choose to close the curtains depending on your neighbours etc).

Rules to continue our current form.

Walk, don't skip

Don't hum too loudly

Be nice to other fans

When asked, merely say "its a good start but its early yet, we still need 3 or 4 players"

Don't mention [size=1]promotion/top of the league, [size=4]not even amongst yourselves![/size][/size]

[size=1][size=4]Don't throw it all away now.[/size][/size]

Loose lips......... 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

Archived