Ticket Pricing

rammieib

Ticket Prices to watch Derby County are an absolute joke. At a time when the country and city is struggling, to charge adults a minimum of £31 for a Platinum Plus Fixture is a joke.

I've also just noticed that a Gold game away fans are charged £25 if they purchase in advance and home fans are charged £28 in cat D seating. Why?

I

Forest game aside, I doubt we will see a full house again, certainly not outside the Premier League but wouldn't it be nice if they could do something nice for supporters. I don't mind paying £355 for a season ticket, I actually think over 23 games that it represents good value, but wish we could lower the ticket prices across the board and have a consistent price regardless of the game.

If I was ever in this position - I would love to see the impact if we could just make every game £20 (Adult) regardless of seat location and see if the additional fans that would bring to a game along with the associated revenue that brings the club, could at least match commercial income from ticket sales today.

Is there any fan on this board who agrees with the ticket pricing policy the club adapts?

I think it will be very soon before a 'big' club actually adopts this approach. I really hate seeing 23 or 24,000 at our ground now for games.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think you need to check your research. Price fir home gold games are £25 ( third table down in the link below) in advance and £28 on match day for CAT C and CAT D.

The club have swallowded the VAT increase and so are losing money on ticket sales compared to last season.

I'm more upset by CAT C and CAT D season tickets being different price when there is no difference on match by match prices.

In relation to other clubs I think we are reasonbly priced, it is football in general that is overppriced.

Agree that tickets should be the same price for all league games, who we are playing is irrelevant, as Rams fans we are there to watch DCFC not the opposition so they should have no impact on the price.

Imaging how pissed off I am, I sit on the end of a row and over the aisle from (literally 2 feet away) is where the lower category of season tickets start.

Its football in general thats over-priced

A working man should be able to go and watch a game, maybe take members of his family without it being a major financial consideration.

Football match tickets should be akin to say cinema tickets both give you approx 90 minutes 'entertainment'.

Just a footnote on the above, and it doesn't apply to Derby this season, but if you were told that a film was very poor and you would come away from it feeling angry and fustrated would you pay £7.50 to go and watch it?

Its football in general thats over-priced

A working man should be able to go and watch a game, maybe take members of his family without it being a major financial consideration.

Football match tickets should be akin to say cinema tickets both give you approx 90 minutes 'entertainment'.

Just a footnote on the above, and it doesn't apply to Derby this season, but if you were told that a film was very poor and you would come away from it feeling angry and fustrated would you pay £7.50 to go and watch it?

But you could go to the theatre and pay £100, so compare it to that and the price is quite cheap. You cant compare to the cinema because apart from the actors fees, there is little else to pay for, and if you could show the same game to say 1 million people then you would probably only charge £7.50.

As for the last part, I have no loyalty to a film, I wouldnt jump up when it comes to a part within the movie, and I wouldnt throw popcorn at the screen or throw abuse during the bad bits, I also know that the film is scripted and if I went to watch it a second time, it would be no different to the first, so I cant see how it can be compared to a ticket for a football match.

Also if I was told a film was

Ok, I knew when I posted that I was courting such a response and I nearly pre-empted it with what leeds Ram wrote.

I was just giving food for thought - but my second paragraph is something that I feel very strongly about!

I presume you talking about the working man bit ? In which case I agree, I currently pay ( I think ) £17 per home match, I could if I choose to take my daughter for free, this to me is not bad value.

Compare this to a match day ticket, which is 47% more and I can sort of see the angle you are coming from, however if the difference was much lower than £8, would it detract from the number of ST sales ?

Seasons tickets are £350...do you go to 10 home games a season? If you do then its worth getting one. Then you can go to as many as you like after that, and you have priority to other away and cup games.

Last year I was in Uni in Glasgow yet I had a season ticket and went to about 15 home game. Now I'm home in Liverpool and I'm looking at going to them all.

Seasons tickets are £350...do you go to 10 home games a season? If you do then its worth getting one. Then you can go to as many as you like after that, and you have priority to other away and cup games.

Last year I was in Uni in Glasgow yet I had a season ticket and went to about 15 home game. Now I'm home in Liverpool and I'm looking at going to them all.

Mine's £270, for an adult...

I have a couple of weeks ago produced on here a totally fair matchday pricing system absolutely guaranteed to increase revenue. The current model does not work after ST holders and people claiming sponsorship deals and freebies doled out we only at the moment have a few hundred adults paying the full prices match to match. For the size of our gate the income is measly less than £10 per head after VAT.

This is why I have serious doubts about Glick's capability to do the job he does this has been a problem for 2 years and he has not done anything. There is scope for £20-25 a ticket for most matches depending on seated area and no realistic grumble about the corresponding value of a ST.

I'm a none season ticket holder (living in Norfolk), I've been three times this season.

Birmingham - paid full price £30ish

Shrewsbury - paid full price £12

Burnley - Bought a ticket off this forum for £15 - made the decision easier, may have anyway for £30 full price

http://www.dcfcfans....207#entry200207

I'm obviously out of the loop for all these cheap tickets/freebies, because whenever I go I tend to pay full (Burnley was an exception). Had I known about the current two for £35 offer three or four weeks ago, I could have sorted out the time off work and visited family (as an excuse to see the rams).

The cost of transport, coupled with the high prices means I don't go anywhere near as often as I'd like.

Archived