Home Form

Bris Vegas

Let's start small, I would like another home win by the end of Tuesday.

From the next 2 home games

0pts would be dire

1pt would be disappointing

2pts would be acceptable (for me, only with decent performances)

3pts would be about par

4pts would be excellent

5pts would be questioning the maths

6pts would be perfection (for me, regardless of performance)

*Like* :-)

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One thing i've never understood in football, is why teams set up differently at home compared to when playing away.

It's still 11 v 11 on a big field, why does whether we're playing in London or Derby have an impact on our mentality or formation? Pisses me off how much people over-complicate things in football sometimes.

One thing i've never understood in football, is why teams set up differently at home compared to when playing away.

It's still 11 v 11 on a big field, why does whether we're playing in London or Derby have an impact on our mentality or formation? Pisses me off how much people over-complicate things in football sometimes.

Not always 11v11! haha But to answer the question, pitch sizes vary at different grounds. If a team wants to play wide players for the season, they will make the pitch wider at the start of the season...and the vice versa.

Otherwise it's just players mentality. I don't understand it, because a football match is a football match nevermind where its played so adopting a different formation/tactics for home/away games makes sense if your players are bothered about where they're playing.

Always been the same in my decades of following the Rams. Completely outmoded way of thinking, probably dating from times when any away match was like a trip to a foreign country.

Even the champs of 71-72 and 74-75 didn't have great away records, the basis of those successes being fortress Baseball Ground.

Would be nice if we could turn Pride Park into a fortress. We have a big enough turnout. Suppose every team wants tat though, eh?

Would be nice if we could turn Pride Park into a fortress. We have a big enough turnout. Suppose every team wants tat though, eh?

We have a good turnout but probably one of the quitest grounds in the league for the size of crowd we have. We have a crowd that expects a performance to respond to. More "fans" than "supporters".

Even as Ben Davies stroked the ball to Craig Bryson with our first goal obviously imminent, you could have heard a pin drop right up until the point the ball hit the back of the net.

We have a good turnout but probably one of the quitest grounds in the league for the size of crowd we have. We have a crowd that expects a performance to respond to. More "fans" than "supporters".

Even as Ben Davies stroked the ball to Craig Bryson with our first goal obviously imminent, you could have heard a pin drop right up until the point the ball hit the back of the net.

Yeah it can be like a funeral sometimes. Its hard to get anything going aswel, and believe me I try. I've started taking cough sweets because I've lost my voice by half time. Thing is though I was at the Blackpool game a few weeks ago and their worse than us by a distance. Some moderate clapping was the best you got from their fans. Our fans that night were epic though, I loved that game, I've really got to start going to more away games just because of the atmosphere.

Where do you sit? I'm in the East stand just near the singing corner(?) and no offence to anybody but they wern't brilliant on Saturday. They usually are but I suppose it was just because the lads wern't very creative and we had nothing to cheer till the first goal? Oh I don't know, either way i hope it improves on Tuesday. Can't wait.

Archived