Home Kit Colour Change

Stive Pesley

So let me get this right, we won the league the year after changing to blue, and we got relegated the year after we changed to black?

[sIZE=1]Obviously we had relegations in the middle, but that takes away the dramatic nature of the post[/sIZE]

I'd like to see a shirt with a bit more about it, any kind of pattern would be nice, I know lots of people want completely white, and even the current shirt isn't white enough. For me this shirt is very little different from last season, and too expensive to justify buying. Throw in a few swishes and a touch of yellow (I'd even take a bit of red).

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello, hello, how do you do!

We are the boys in white and blue,

We love to sing, we love to fight,

We hate the boys in red and white!

We'll sing a song of victory,

We'll sing our song in harmony,

The Villa fans will never mock,

When they remember Bruce Rioch

RIOCH RIOCH RIOCH

Black and white didn't fit that song!!

Growing up in the '70's myself, the memories i have are that kits in general didn't get 1/10th of the debate they seem to now. It's fascinating to see how many slight tweaks were made throughout the '70's kits (and indeed before) - mainly to socks and collars but even so...

as long as we never ever go back to that bizarre deep pink number.....

A nice floral number?

I think something with a ‘dambusters’ motif would work quite well…

http://www.aviationsupermart.com/store/i/is.aspx?path=/shared/images/misc/HS_palm_lg

The trees in the background might pose a problem for some…but I’m sure the majority of fans would just ignore that and concentrate on the exciting and innovative design.

Log in next Sunday when I’ll share my views on the new range of soft fabrics available from the club shop.

Archived