Gary Speed, England v Wales, self harm.

Alph

Congratulations on his first win in football since fish learned to swim.

Can't believe Wales snatched him from Sheffield United. That compensation would of made the Yorkshire folk feel a bit better eh? :D

But anyway, 3 questions.

1) If Gary Speed is linked with us when Cloughs contract expires, will you commit suicide or just self harm?

2) Will England win by many? (personally i only ever care when it's against the home nations)

3) Does this "new look" England side stand any better than the "world class players" to go into the last tournament.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

England will cruise against Wales on Tuesday.. I'm predicting 3-0 with Joe Hart rarely tested, and an Ashley Young double before halfitme to set us on our way..

We're turning into a very good counter attacking side.. I guess we can thank Alex Ferguson for that as up top a Rooney Young partnership looks likely to be the future.. With Walcott/A.Johnson/Milner/Lennon etc.. on the wings.. With Barry and Wilshire in the centre it's not too bad..

Wales won't provide a test, as their defence is bleddy awful.. Away from home against the likes of Montenegro, Switzerland and Bulgaria we'll also be fine, playing solid counter attacking football..

The big tests will come when playing the likes of Sweden, Italy, Croatia etc.. Teams that are more difficult to break down, and it will need us to actually keep possession and work teams to find the openings..

We're still lightyears away from the likes of Spain, Germany, Holland and Portugal in Europe (my top 4) and our friendlies give us no indication of how good we are.. No wonder we always flop, when playing the likes of Trinidad and Tobago and Jamaica before a world cup campaign..

Was a shame we didn't play Holland in the friendly, as they're currently better than us it would give us a yardstick to improve..

Not a bad starting lineup against Wales. But did anyone see the starting line up been shown on itv? Just shows why itv is so **** when it comes to football coverage.

No, what happened?

Hate ITV's coverage as much as the football league show.

Just gimme Hansen, Dixon maybe a limited touch of Shearer and that bloke who's playing at PP on Thursday. The one the does football focus. Then i'm happy.

No, what happened?

Hate ITV's coverage as much as the football league show.

Just gimme Hansen, Dixon maybe a limited touch of Shearer and that bloke who's playing at PP on Thursday. The one the does football focus. Then i'm happy.

They was in a room, a took a photo of each player, got them to sign the photo, then hold the photo up to the camera, cheap and tackey

Archived