The Worse Performance To Ever Win A Game?

EastKentRam

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sure we've had these arguments before. Would people prefer to play well and lose or play poorly and win.

Of course we'd all love to play well and win, but it doesn't happen for everyone.

After the last 3/4 seasons I'd settle for playing sh1te and winning, although I suspect that with a string of wins would come much more confident performances.

Moan moan moan

Mate your not allowed to comment on performances and be slightly concerned about our negative displays..

You've got to sit back and be all cheery because we've got 6 points.. That's the most important thing apparently..

I think the fact we've won 2 games on the trot has given people too much cause for optimism and they're blocking out the reality.

I just pray that NC deems our performances unnacceptable and we pick it up.. At least S.Davies admits this, he's not blinded by his 2 goals and knows he needs to work harder and play better.

This thread for me shows the mentality of some.

Moan if we lose but play well, Moan when we lose and play poorly, Moan if we play well and win but for christ sake moaning when we win a game when we play bad.

Its beggars belief it does not matter how the feck we win or lose a game today it means we have three more points and 5pts in front of the twigs and 3rd in the league with 2 out of 2 wins.

Please do not go near any steep cliffs, hold any rope, go near the kitchen knifes because I am worried for health if you can feel depressed after today winnning when we did not really deserve to.

Now the question is it because you can not moan at Nige because he is moulding a team who can grind out a result even when we don't deserve it. If so grow up and enjoy the result:mad::eek:

I'm sure we've had these arguments before. Would people prefer to play well and lose or play poorly and win.

Of course we'd all love to play well and win, but it doesn't happen for everyone.

After the last 3/4 seasons I'd settle for playing sh1te and winning, although I suspect that with a string of wins would come much more confident performances.

Darned right Staffs, who would have thought 2 wins from 2 ? We will grow into the season especially if Nige gets a couple more players and we get the walking wounded back soon. Nice to feel some confidence returning from the posts today. :)

Moan moan moan

Mate your not allowed to comment on performances and be slightly concerned about our negative displays..

You've got to sit back and be all cheery because we've got 6 points.. That's the most important thing apparently..

Just out of interest, and I'm not particularly taking sides here, as I can appreciate both sides of the argument, but were you equally as critical at Wembley when we'd played sh1te but won for most of that season?

George Burleys second season.. We lost the first 2 games against Leeds 0-1 away at Leicester 1-2 at home.. However our performances carried on in the same vein and we reached the playoffs..

Honestly, if we play like we have done for the past 3 games all season (Brum, Shrews and Watford) how do you think we'll fair when the season is over.

Take away the results and focus mainly on the performances..

I went as balistic as the next person when we scored and im pleased we won.

But, you've got to look at the bigger picture, 2 games in and Nigel is setting us up to play boring, negative football. If this was at the end of the season and we're fighting for survival i could understand it. Playing this way is Nigel basically admitting we're not good enough to play good football.

If Watford could finish that would have been a 2-3 goal loss, we created nothing in 90 minutes of football, that should worry you. I expect Watford to be near the bottom of the table this season and they were miles better than us, that is worrying.

Just out of interest, and I'm not particularly taking sides here, as I can appreciate both sides of the argument, but were you equally as critical at Wembley when we'd played sh1te but won for most of that season?

Yes, I was extremely critical.. I couldn't believe our luck, especially in the home game against Southampton (2nd leg) when we were played off the park.. Incidentally we played brilliant away and the tie could have been over before the second leg.

As our team actually got worse with the sales of Howard and Oakley, relegation was a certainty and our average players and negative style of play resulted in us being the worst 1st division team in history.

We just have to hope the confidence that winning two in the league like this will boost the team and aid bedding in of the new players and eventually the performances will improve on the back of it. A win is a win though, I'd play like Stoke if we were as successful as them.

George Burleys second season.. We lost the first 2 games against Leeds 0-1 away at Leicester 1-2 at home.. However our performances carried on in the same vein and we reached the playoffs..

Honestly, if we play like we have done for the past 3 games all season (Brum, Shrews and Watford) how do you think we'll fair when the season is over.

Depends on how you look at it.

Second half against Brum we were just as likely to score as they were.

Second half against Watford today, we had the lead and ground out the win. We didn't seem particularly bothered about getting the second goal, but never really looked like conceding.

2 decent halves out of 4.

This with Barker, Tyson, Green, Addison to come back into the side.

It's not cause for over-optimism that's for sure, but equally it's not really cause for over-criticism either.

In respect of you post if we lose to League 2 sides (which to be honest there is not so many of them) but win against Championship sides (which in the league is all that matters as I am sure we are in the Championship) on current form should be ok seeing as in the Championship we have

Played 2

Won 2

Scored 3

Scores Against 1

Points 6

Position 3rd

Has I think you have said in the past Results are all that counts we are getting the results and the performances will come when they adjust tothe new players. I take it you have been watching the games on Ramsplayer or listening to it today to be able to comment on performances.

I agree they were poor today but once they got the goal the side lifted and Watford although they had the pressure before then struggled to get the shots in as they were before. So relax and enjoy the results no matter how we get them.

Archived