Director of Football / GSE

Matt Carbon

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
is this the quote your referring too

http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/director-football-be-appointed-derby-1714261

where he says he is hopeful the appointment would be made in a few weeks.

Thats something along the lines. Does stress a lack of urgency but also how crucial the appointment is. Dont expect to hear about a DOF for a while now. Hope i'm wrong tho, especially as it has been ear-marked as a very important role.

Having had time to think about this, I suspect you are completly right.

I think things aren't as rosey as Glick and Appleby would have us believe.

It's almost like someone has been waiting in the background to pounce on any sign of weaknesss.

So Matt, do you still plan to build the plaza?*

*I am, of course, refering to a fictional plaza to be built somewhere many miles away from Derby and in no way infer the involvement of any real persons, alive or dead.

I hear you brother.

*touches nose

DCFC should probably be owned by a local consortium in my opinion... and investing in the surroundig area of the ground, in a plaza stylee could only be a good thing surely?

Cheers

Pete.... erm, I mean Matt.

(all of the above was in jest only!),

I suspect Gadsby would love another crack at owning DCFC, but i also suspect that the Americans would be loathed to sell to him, unless they get a good return on their investment.*

*All supposition and based in no way on any solid information, unlike my other posts.

DCFC should probably be owned by a local consortium in my opinion... and investing in the surroundig area of the ground, in a plaza stylee could only be a good thing surely?

Cheers

Pete.... erm, I mean Matt.

(all of the above was in jest only!),

I suspect Gadsby would love another crack at owning DCFC, but i also suspect that the Americans would be loathed to sell to him, unless they get a good return on their investment.*

*All supposition and based in no way on any solid information, unlike my other posts.

To get a return on an investment isnt the investment supposed to have increased in value ?

Well that's the crux of the problem isn't it.

The Americans don't want to sell until they can get a decent return, but in order to do that they'd need to increase the value, which they're only really going to do by taking us up. Sadly, they seem to hope that Nigel can get us up on a shoestring, which will never happen so we're stuck in a perpetual loop of promises and frustration.

Well..... one things for sure...... the 3 new posters on this thread..... Matt Carbon, Shakey & Bay Area...... all seem in enjoy using "......".

Strange isn't it

(Hope that works better gboro)

Not sure I have used "....." once? I have used '.......' and I definitely didn't use them when I logged in as Bay Area or Shakey! :rolleyes:

To get a return on an investment isnt the investment supposed to have increased in value ?

absolutely, and more than that I was making the point that I think the Americans would want a premium on top of that return due to their 'dealings' with PG. However, as someone else highlighted, Glick is a mouthpiece only, a very well rewarded mouthpiece who has some very shrewd investors to answer to, who, can surely only be growing tired of an investment that neither offers them a return or a useful purpose, or even a loss that could be used for offsetting CGT!

Where the **** is Glick? I miss him and his bullshit promises.

Off somewhere swearing allegiance to our overlords no doubt.

Either that or hard at work on the inevitable comms pieces to manage our disappointment around another transfer deadline day.

Archived