Watford v Derby County

Day

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Funny how a lot of people arent bothered about the performance and the 3 points is all that matters, by that logic the finishing position at the end of the season is all that matters and look where we've been the last few seasons.

Erm, the finishing position does matter, and that will be made up of results where we have played well and where we haven't played well. People appear to be judging the next 44 league games on the basis of how we have played against Watford (because we played well against Birmingham). Thats just crazy.:mad:

Funny how a lot of people arent bothered about the performance and the 3 points is all that matters, by that logic the finishing position at the end of the season is all that matters and look where we've been the last few seasons.

I have clocked part of a sentence that makes actual sense from you. Between you and Bris Vegas it has taken a load of enteries of bullcrap for you to finally stumble on something that counts.

3PTS IS ALL THAT COUNTS.

You are a Clough basher and at the end of the day he has not led Derby to being the worst team in Premiership or are you going to blame him for that. He got us higher up the league than Jewell could who had a bigger budget and we have finished in about the same position each year. That first season here he kept us up and the last two seasons we were safe well before end of season so better than under Jewell.

We started really well last season playing good football and getting gd comments even from Claridge but our results were in the first 7 games of last season was as follows.

August 7, 2010 5:15 pm BBC

Leeds United v Derby County

1 - 2

August 14, 2010 3:00 pm

Derby County v Cardiff City

1 - 2

August 21, 2010 12:15 pm Sky Sports

Coventry City v Derby County

2 - 1

August 28, 2010 3:00 pm

Derby County v QPR

2 - 2

September 11, 2010 1:00 pm

Derby County v Sheffield United

0 - 1

September 14, 2010 7:45 pm

Hull City v Derby County

2 - 0

September 18, 2010 3:00 pm

Barnsley v Derby County

1 - 1

Now I have tried to look at this in every way you have tried to present this bollacks argument but can not see your justification of arguement

Last season we were in bottom three after 7 games and having only 5 pts out of 21. Playing gd football and letting results slip and not seeing games out Clough told he was clueless.

NOW he has brought players in who are still adjusting to each other and already in two games has 6pts out of 6 after 2 games is surely better than 5 out of 21 after 7 games. In the top 3 not in the bottom 2 with 44 games to continue improving.

RESULTS IS ALL THAT COUNTS THE PERFORMANCE WILL COME AND SURELY YOU WOULD RATHER BE TOP SIDE OF THE TABLE PLAYING OK FOOTBALL THEN NEAR THE BOTTOM PLAYING GREAT FOOTBALL BUT NOT WINNING.

THE IDEA OF THE GAME IS TO SCORE MORE THAN THE OTHER TEAM NOT LOOKING PRETTY ON THE PITCH ONCE WE SORT OUT STABILITY AND DEFENDING AND BATTLING SIDE OF THE GAME THEN WORK ON THE NICE BITS.

I have clocked part of a sentence that makes actual sense from you. Between you and Bris Vegas it has taken a load of enteries of bullcrap for you to finally stumble on something that counts.

3PTS IS ALL THAT COUNTS.

You are a Clough basher and at the end of the day he has not led Derby to being the worst team in Premiership or are you going to blame him for that. He got us higher up the league than Jewell could who had a bigger budget and we have finished in about the same position each year. That first season here he kept us up and the last two seasons we were safe well before end of season so better than under Jewell.

We started really well last season playing good football and getting gd comments even from Claridge but our results were in the first 7 games of last season was as follows.

August 7, 2010 5:15 pm BBC

Leeds United v Derby County

1 - 2

August 14, 2010 3:00 pm

Derby County v Cardiff City

1 - 2

August 21, 2010 12:15 pm Sky Sports

Coventry City v Derby County

2 - 1

August 28, 2010 3:00 pm

Derby County v QPR

2 - 2

September 11, 2010 1:00 pm

Derby County v Sheffield United

0 - 1

September 14, 2010 7:45 pm

Hull City v Derby County

2 - 0

September 18, 2010 3:00 pm

Barnsley v Derby County

1 - 1

Now I have tried to look at this in every way you have tried to present this bollacks argument but can not see your justification of arguement

Last season we were in bottom three after 7 games and having only 5 pts out of 21. Playing gd football and letting results slip and not seeing games out Clough told he was clueless.

NOW he has brought players in who are still adjusting to each other and already in two games has 6pts out of 6 after 2 games is surely better than 5 out of 21 after 7 games. In the top 3 not in the bottom 2 with 44 games to continue improving.

RESULTS IS ALL THAT COUNTS THE PERFORMANCE WILL COME AND SURELY YOU WOULD RATHER BE TOP SIDE OF THE TABLE PLAYING OK FOOTBALL THEN NEAR THE BOTTOM PLAYING GREAT FOOTBALL BUT NOT WINNING.

THE IDEA OF THE GAME IS TO SCORE MORE THAN THE OTHER TEAM NOT LOOKING PRETTY ON THE PITCH ONCE WE SORT OUT STABILITY AND DEFENDING AND BATTLING SIDE OF THE GAME THEN WORK ON THE NICE BITS.

Where did we play good football at the start of last season, we got exactly what we deserved, very little. We then went on a run where we played great football, played attacking football and Clough picked quality, flair players. This was just a short run in between sh*te.

Why are you comparing him to Jewell? It's not hard to make Clough look good comparing him to another crap manager. Try comparing him to George Burley or Billy Davies and see how you get on.

Why do you assume the performances will come? Performances away from home dont come if you're set up the way we were today. Clough has been playing negative football away from home for the last 3 seasons and our results reflect that, why do assume all of a sudden he's guna realise it generally doesnt work.

Im not denying that the 3 points is all what matters, what im saying is, there wont be many more 3 points if we play like did today, you can choose to ignore that or disagree with it but if you were there today you would agree.

Where did we play good football at the start of last season, we got exactly what we deserved, very little. We then went on a run where we played great football, played attacking football and Clough picked quality, flair players. This was just a short run in between sh*te.

Why are you comparing him to Jewell? It's not hard to make Clough look good comparing him to another crap manager. Try comparing him to George Burley or Billy Davies and see how you get on.

Why do you assume the performances will come? Performances away from home dont come if you're set up the way we were today. Clough has been playing negative football away from home for the last 3 seasons and our results reflect that, why do assume all of a sudden he's guna realise it generally doesnt work.

Im not denying that the 3 points is all what matters, what im saying is, there wont be many more 3 points if we play like did today, you can choose to ignore that or disagree with it but if you were there today you would agree.

George Burley had one gd season.

Billy Davis yes got us up but then brought the biggest pile of ***** and started the season of hell and helped to put us in a position where money has been a problem and has never been a good manager.

I wasn't there today but from the sounds of it you are right, there won't be many more 3 points if we play like we did today. But I think we'll get better when the players start to gel more. The first few games of the season (in particular) aren't really about performances, if we can continue to pick up points then I'm sure the performances will come.

You don't get it do you..

It's OK, you'll understand where I'm coming from if in 6 months time we're still playing this type of football and find ourselves languishing in the bottom half..

I'm just hoping this phase is only that, a phase, and our luck doesn't run out.. I hope NC is telling the players right now that they're fortunate to have 6 points and that they need to improve the performances.. I hope he's not content with this othrwise we'll soon hit a brickwall..

If this is NCs plan for us to play this way then we'll be nowehere the top half let alone the top 6.

Bris, its the 2nd game of the season. Played 2 won 2. Its not been Barcelona,, not by a mile, but its been ok. To expect us to play brilliantly is probably a bit unrealistic.

If, in 2 months time, we have all the injured lads back and the new players are *****, and we're still playing poorly then fair enough.

ATM, if the luck has turned and we pick up points when not playing well then, great, it gives Nige time to get his new players to gel.

Have a moan after 10 games fella, otherwise you just come over as a complete tw@t.

George Burley had one gd season.

Billy Davis yes got us up but then brought the biggest pile of ***** and started the season of hell and helped to put us in a position where money has been a problem and has never been a good manager.

You say results are all that matters, Davies's and Burley's results were a million times better than Clough's.

Fair play guys..you scored the cracking goal and once ahead held out quite easily TBH.

Yes we dominated the 1st half but didn't create that much as your defence were pretty solid.

Your manager seems very honest but I'd take a few 1-0 away wins without playing that well this season!

Good luck for the season and it seems Mr Davies is trying to run his own goal of the week competition.

Thanks mate, good luck to your lot too, always have a bit of a soft spot for Watford (Ridiculous success with them on FM 2008 being the reason :D )

What're your fans expecting for this season? I've got you down as an outside chance to go down, do you think you'll survive or are you worried?

Bris, its the 2nd game of the season. Played 2 won 2. Its not been Barcelona,, not by a mile, but its been ok. To expect us to play brilliantly is probably a bit unrealistic.

If, in 2 months time, we have all the injured lads back and the new players are *****, and we're still playing poorly then fair enough.

ATM, if the luck has turned and we pick up points when not playing well then, great, it gives Nige time to get his new players to gel.

Have a moan after 10 games fella, otherwise you just come over as a complete tw@t.

Well then I sincerely hope that in 2 months time we can look back at these results and think, blimey weren't we lucky, I'm glad we don't play nothing like that now..

But after 3 years of survival football I'm slightly cautious NC will have us set up this way for the forthcoming season.. The fact that he hasn't targetted anyone with creativity and shunned the only person with creativity currently at DCFC out of the starting 16 (Cywka) then perhaps we can expet more performances of this ilk to continue..

I hope I'm wrong, I hope Clough gave them all a rollocking and told them they need to improve..

Like I said, happy with 3 points, but we need to improve the performances otherwise we could be in trouble.

I'm not moaning, I'm just stating that I'm not deluding myself into thinking everything is rosy because we have 6 points because it clearly isn't.. Lot's of work to be done.

Well then I sincerely hope that in 2 months time we can look back at these results and think, blimey weren't we lucky, I'm glad we don't play nothing like that now..

But after 3 years of survival football I'm slightly cautious NC will have us set up this way for the forthcoming season.. The fact that he hasn't targetted anyone with creativity and shunned the only person with creativity currently at DCFC out of the starting 16 (Cywka) then perhaps we can expet more performances of this ilk to continue..

I hope I'm wrong, I hope Clough gave them all a rollocking and told them they need to improve..

Like I said, happy with 3 points, but we need to improve the performances otherwise we could be in trouble.

I'm not moaning, I'm just stating that I'm not deluding myself into thinking everything is rosy because we have 6 points because it clearly isn't.. Lot's of work to be done.

I don't think anyone is deluding themselves but it is a fantastic start, and I think we all deserve to enjoy it for a day or two before we continue on the long journey ahead.

Still reckon we'll win the league.

None of us are thinking everything is rosy. Most of us think the board haven't backed Nige like they said they would.

You, however, seem to expect us to play brilliantly. After 2 games. I just don't get it.

Give him a chance to get his new players to gel, sort the injuries out, then moan if were not playing great football.

None of us are thinking everything is rosy. Most of us think the board haven't backed Nige like they said they would.

You, however, seem to expect us to play brilliantly. After 2 games. I just don't get it.

Give him a chance to get his new players to gel, sort the injuries out, then moan if were not playing great football.

I expect them to attempt to play football..

That's the difference.. IMO It seems that's not NCs way, he wants us to play survival football.. He chooses not to select creative players.. He wants us to have a solid backline and rely on matchwinners.. He wants us to soak up plressure and hold onto leads instead of looking for a second.. He's happy for us to surrender possession and remain solid to hold out games..

I don't demand us to be like Barca, that's a pipe dream.. I just want us to attempt to dominate possession and really get at teams. When was the last time we dominated a match? I bet it stretches back to 2010.

I don't think anyone is suggesting that we're on for promotion like this, just that we're happy with the first two wins in a row at the start of a campaign since 1973.

Let people be happy. Regardless of how we got them, we haven't done that for a long time.

I expect them to attempt to play football..

That's the difference.. IMO It seems that's not NCs way, he wants us to play survival football.. He chooses not to select creative players.. He wants us to have a solid backline and rely on matchwinners.. He wants us to soak up plressure and hold onto leads instead of looking for a second.. He's happy for us to surrender possession and remain solid to hold out games..

I don't demand us to be like Barca, that's a pipe dream.. I just want us to attempt to dominate possession and really get at teams. When was the last time we dominated a match? I bet it stretches back to 2010.

2 games in, 6 points, no money, what the fook do you expect.

"He chooses not to select creative players" - your words. Absolute bollux. He chose to sign Cwyka (none of us had ever heard of him), He made Commons play better than any other manager had done, He signed Bueno who turned out one of the most creative players since Idiakez.

Poor, poor response fella to a Derby win. Sort yersen out.

Archived