FOA TV Techies/Know-alls

Ram@Lincoln

I'm looking for a new small TV that I can use as a PC monitor, to play the old PS3 and to watch TV on (I know so out of this world!!!).

With my limited knowledge, other than plug this in one end, plug the big end in at the wall etc...:o I don't really know what I'm looking for. :confused:

Does this TV do what I need it to?

http://www.ebuyer.com/271190-aoc-le22k097-22-led-tv-full-hd-1080p-freeview-usb-cinema-1000000-1-le22k097#gallery

For £129.99 and free delivery it seems like a good deal.

Opinions?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So would you advise not to use a TV monitor as a PC monitor? I've always thought a screen is a screen and it'll work for anything if it has a right plug into it. :confused:

Would it be fine to use as a PC monitor occasionally? I have a netbook with a tiny screen so when I need to word process something it takes me hours as I can't read what I'm typing! So occasional PC use.

So would you advise not to use a TV monitor as a PC monitor? I've always thought a screen is a screen and it'll work for anything if it has a right plug into it. :confused:

Would it be fine to use as a PC monitor occasionally? I have a netbook with a tiny screen so when I need to word process something it takes me hours as I can't read what I'm typing! So occasional PC use.

A TV will be fine but if you're not using your PC, don't leave the screen on because your PC background and all the icons can get burnt onto the screen if it's left for a few hours.

A TV will be fine but if you're not using your PC, don't leave the screen on because your PC background and all the icons can get burnt onto the screen if it's left for a few hours.

joe's never heard of screen savers.

students , they never learn.

You can get TV/Monitor combos now, I picked one up for £130 from Dixons.

Quick search on Amazon as chucked up this nice Samsung 22inch 1080p widescreen tv/monitor....

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-B2230HD-1080p-Widescreen-Monitor/dp/B003ZWQFGI/ref=br_lf_m_1000384213_1_1_ttl?ie=UTF8&s=computers&pf_rd_p=248589787&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_t=1401&pf_rd_i=1000384213&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_r=0BEFFFFT5K2BDMCF6SKB

£150 + free delivery, bargain.

Daveo/anyone - would a normal TV with a pc input develop the screen burn thing if used as a PC? And the one you linked to not as it's built to do both?

Value for money wise, the ebuyer one has a 3 year warranty included. Where as it's £27.99 on amazon. I guess it would come with a manufactures warranty anyway so that's maybe not needed.

I'd love to go out and buy a nice 32/40" but money and flat space dictate what I can have! So the more uses/functions I can get out of it the better. :)

Thanks everyone for the help/advice though.

Daveo/anyone - would a normal TV with a pc input develop the screen burn thing if used as a PC? And the one you linked to not as it's built to do both?

Value for money wise, the ebuyer one has a 3 year warranty included. Where as it's £27.99 on amazon. I guess it would come with a manufactures warranty anyway so that's maybe not needed.

I'd love to go out and buy a nice 32/40" but money and flat space dictate what I can have! So the more uses/functions I can get out of it the better. :)

I don't know about the screenburn but the one I linked you to is a TV/Monitor combo.

With all electronic equipment you get 2 years warranty, according to EU laws, so you are paying £27.99 for the extra year, personally I wouldn't bother with it, if the it is a decent make/brand

Thanks for that bit of information Rynny. Didn't know it was enforced by law. You learn something new everyday I guess. :)

Before I do anything I best ask my partner which one she likes (will only need the pictures to show her!) as women know best at the end of the day...

She won't be bothered about the bits inside, just what it looks like. Hmm sounds slightly rude that. :rolleyes:

Burn is still common in plasma but LCD and LED operate differently and it is almost impossible to burn an image in. If you want to use a TV as a monitor i'd advise getting the highest resolution and refresh rate you can get. Won't look as good as a nice monitor though.

Archived