Let's Talk al-Notts Rovers

Day

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dave. Id give it a rest mate. At least until 10 games befoer starting to WUM.. Can go tits up fast in this division.

Most sensible thing you've said on here, shame you had to ruin it at the end with this bit tho

I still stand by that we will finish above you this year though.

Poor results for both sides last night IMO.

On the balance of play, according to the reports I've seen Forest should have easily beaten Huddersfield. Your lack of firepower is going to cost you ultimately. 3 goals in 3 games against Fleetwood, Bristol City and Huddersfield isn't good enough to be challenging at the top of the table.

We played 'alright' for 75 minutes, but ultimately a mixture of fatigue and tactics did us again. Replacing a striker with a midfielder looked to give both sides that we were settling for a point. We started to drop off, and they came on to us.

Not overly concerned - they weren't that much better. A goal disallowed, and one against the post, could easily have been a different result.

Expected Forest to get 6 out of the first 2 games, and us 3, so a 3 point difference at this point is fine.

If we win on Saturday (which I doubt) and Forest lose on Saturday (which I think they will)

We will be on the same points - one to mull over 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ph34r:' />

and if its a if we win by 1 and they lose by 2, or we win by 2 and they lose by 1 we will be above them on Goals scored

and if its a if we win by 1 and they lose by 2, or we win by 2 and they lose by 1 we will be above them on Goals scored

How can that be possible when they are in the play offs and we're in the bottom 3? do you want to check your calculator again because that sounds a bit odd to me

How can that be possible when they are in the play offs and we're in the bottom 3? do you want to check your calculator again because that sounds a bit odd to me

I was astounded when I worked it out - apparently drawing 2-2 instead of 1-1 can be better come the shake up after game 3 of the season.

We are only 3 points from 2nd I think.

Right I'm confused now so we're in the bottom 3 but if we win against Wolves and other results go our way we could say go into the top half of the table?

And if Forest lose who are currently in the play offs would drop below us if GD goes in our favour?

I know they said this league was tight but blimey

Poor results for both sides last night IMO.

On the balance of play, according to the reports I've seen Forest should have easily beaten Huddersfield. Your lack of firepower is going to cost you ultimately. 3 goals in 3 games against Fleetwood, Bristol City and Huddersfield isn't good enough to be challenging at the top of the table.

Last nights result doesn't reflect how good we were in front of goal - Smithies was on fire, making top class save after top class save and we also hit the woodwork a couple of times. In 97-98 we played West Brom at home and won 1-0 with a Kevin Campbell goal, last nights match very much reminided me of that game and away from home the home side is always in the chance with a sniff.

You also need to remember that in open play we reduced an £8m rated striker with 40 goals to his name last season to nothing more than a spectator, and in the previous match shut out a side which scored 4 last night - 1 goal a game will often be enough for us.

Early doors yet and we're by no means the final product - certainly I don't expect us to get much at Bolton and will be happy with mid-table - but last night's game was as good as we've played since the Davies era.

Last nights result doesn't reflect how good we were in front of goal - Smithies was on fire, making top class save after top class save and we also hit the woodwork a couple of times. In 97-98 we played West Brom at home and won 1-0 with a Kevin Campbell goal, last nights match very much reminided me of that game and away from home the home side is always in the chance with a sniff.

You also need to remember that in open play we reduced an £8m rated striker with 40 goals to his name last season to nothing more than a spectator, and in the previous match shut out a side which scored 4 last night - 1 goal a game will often be enough for us.

Early doors yet and we're by no means the final product - certainly I don't expect us to get much at Bolton and will be happy with mid-table - but last night's game was as good as we've played since the Davies era.

Wasn't this Rhodes first game back from a hammy injury which he was 50/50 to play in?

Archived