Let's Talk al-Notts Rovers

Day

Hate to go against a fellow forest fan but give me a fully fit barker over morgan any day. Barker is a class act, the problem is he hasnt been fully fit for over a year and i feel that this season he will be rushed back again and again he will have missed a pre season.

Really? I like Barker but i dont think he is better than big Wes or Chambo.

My team would be

The Forest lineup.... plus Addison... and a Left Back.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Qwerty/Curtsy

My nana, my dog, my nana's dog, your sisters boyfriend, his dog, Amy Winehouse, Lilly Allen, Flash Gordon, Michael Jackson (the man not the statue), Mike Tyson, David Blunkett, his dog, Michael Jackson (the statue), Andy Reid, Giles Barnes, Shaun Barker, Sue Barker, Hannibal Barca, Jean Claude Van Damme, Jean Paul Gaultier, and their dogs, are all better, less clumsy and more useful than Wes Morgan.

Not that i think Morgan is the worse defender ever.

Claude Davis is.

But Claude Davis' dog is better. You could stick Davis' dog in last seasons Forest team and he'd still look capable. Especially under Billy who made Stephen Pearson look like a footballer.

Also, Brayford is not as far from Gunter as you think. Why would he be? Because we finished near the bottom? So is Billy Sharp not as good as..... see my point? Brayford was a stand out player. Far too good for us and if we continue as we are then he'll be gone next summer. imo.

But Brayford being compared to Gunter isn't laughable. Unless you've only ever seen one of them play and your in love with that player. Their both good. And the two of the best RB's in the division. So comparable. No? So then it's about opinions.

Sweet.

For your wum post i am indeed kicking Cohen from LB. Because it should be LB's v LB rather than players who look OK filling in there. So it's 6-5.

Roberts for Cohen.

Pratley is a dominent midfielder with a much better passing range and all round play than Mcgugan, Mcgugan on the other hand is an attacking player who likes to play small passes and have a large amount of shots from distance.

they're different players like Huddlestone and Modrick.

Yeah, i only really was comparing them as in the next big Championship thing. Whittingham, Pratley, McGugan. Alike or not it'll be interesting to see what happens with Pratley at Bolton, whether Whittingham will ever play in the PL. And if McGugan will too.

Every year there's a Champ player linked here, there and everywhere. Pundits will be going on about the "step up" etc. I think next year McGugan will be one of those players to draw that Pratley/Taraabt style attention.

Wonder how Taraabt will get on in the PL.

Yeah, i only really was comparing them as in the next big Championship thing. Whittingham, Pratley, McGugan. Alike or not it'll be interesting to see what happens with Pratley at Bolton, whether Whittingham will ever play in the PL. And if McGugan will too.

Every year there's a Champ player linked here, there and everywhere. Pundits will be going on about the "step up" etc. I think next year McGugan will be one of those players to draw that Pratley/Taraabt style attention.

Wonder how Taraabt will get on in the PL.

lewis is a class above mate! jan prem bound if not before i think

The weird thing is, given where the two teams finished last season, there's not actually that many forest players that I would want at Derby. I like Cohen a lot, and McGugan and Madjewski are obviously talented (but you can't easily fit more than one of them in the same side) and I think Blackstock's a decent striker at this level. But beyond that, I don't think there's really anybody that you have that's clearly better than what we have. You can argue about Camp/Fielding and Gunter/Brayford, but I don't think there's a massive difference there (assuming we are talking about pretty much first XI's).

And out of interest, where are the goals coming from in the Forest side? When's Blackstock fit? Or are you relying on McGugan to score wondergoals every week again?

chambers ,camp ,majewski,mcgugan,cohen,gunter,greening,reidy,maloney,garner!!!!! thats 10 i can think of that will walk staight in to your side lol ,or is that just me being biased

Really? I like Barker but i dont think he is better than big Wes or Chambo.

My team would be

The Forest lineup.... plus Addison... and a Left Back.

If "big Wes or Chambo" were any good you'd be in the prem by now. If Barker had chosen you lot instead of us you'd be in the prem.

Oh well, the wheel of football fortune turns again. You've had your chance, its all Derby from now.

Natural order and all that, tally ho!

The problem with the florist squad is some of the players will be over performers from Billy's tenure like we had here. After he left some of them were totally useless. So i would say you are in for a shock come start of the season and i'll make my judgement then.

If "big Wes or Chambo" were any good you'd be in the prem by now. If Barker had chosen you lot instead of us you'd be in the prem.

Oh well, the wheel of football fortune turns again. You've had your chance, its all Derby from now.

Natural order and all that, tally ho!

Do you mean the back two from one of the best defences last year? And a player got got into the players top 11?

No we didn't make the premier because we had no depth and no left back at the right time!!! Bertrand leaving coincided with our fall from grace and lets be honest Koncheskey was ****

I'd bet half my penis (and i can't afford to spare none) that if Forest have a poor season next season, or even any season while Morgan is in the side that he will look truley horrific.

His donkey side is hidden by Camp, Gunter and Chambers. If left exposed he'll look like the big useless lump that he really is.

in my Derby opinion like ;)

Do you mean the back two from one of the best defences last year? And a player got got into the players top 11?

No we didn't make the premier because we had no depth and no left back at the right time!!! Bertrand leaving coincided with our fall from grace and lets be honest Koncheskey was ****

Forests defence has been brilliant over the past two seasons. But your goal scoring has been woeful. Lowest in the play-offs for two seasons running. I can see McClaren being more attacking, exposing your defence more.

I'd say the back 4 will be shown to be average.

he isn't crap at all, and not having a 'left back', which you did clearly, isn't the reason you didn't go up, you can't blame not getting promotion on a left back, the fact your team wasn't good enough to gain you promotion is the reason why you didn't go up. :rolleyes:

Why havn't you put in Wes Morgan, he was voted in the npower championship team of the year by his fellow proffesionals. He was also part of the 4th best defence in the league, yet you've included Barker who was part of one of the worst defences in the league? Seems silly to me.

Also Brayford ahead of Gunter, don't make me laugh.

I wouldn't be suprised if we're relegated next year to be honest, the leagues got tougher and we haven't really improved, we've got a clueless manager, those saying you'll finish ahead of us are insightful.

Forest Coventry and Petebrough for the drop.

West Ham, Leicester and Ipswich for promotion

Couldn't agree more.....

Your lot make me piss, supporters watching the drivel that you have, Barker McFarlandesque, and Addison quality, I have read along the way.

Wes Morgan may not be Des Walker, but the boy done good.

As regards excuses, whats yours for being in perennial relegation battles?

Umm BD, PJ and NC next?:D

Now leave our great club alone and concentrate on your problems!:D

I've played with Lewis for years..

He never struck me as a player with exceptional passing ability and his decisions at times weren't the best..

He was comfortably better than those around him (like me and my mates) because he was so much stronger and faster.. He constantly won our 100m/200m races at a cantar and during our matches together he'd play DM and just mop everything up, bullying his other CM partners..

My views on the years I've spent playing with him is like many other footballers in our country, an athlete with a wicked shot (and he does have a wicked shot, not as good as Idiakez but better than any I've seen recently for DCFC). However his passing ability and movement will gt shown up unless he works on this, and he could only ever reach the heights of someone like Reo Coker (a part player for a midtable PL team) unless he adjusts his game..

Bailey is easily the better passer of them both and has better vision and movement, Lewis easily is more dominant and has a better shot.. Playing them both together you'd have a perfectly balanced dominating midfield pairing for The NPC.

Is that a wind up?:eek:

McGugan is an athlete with a shot, is that it?:D

As regards Bailey clueless, but McGugan certainly has to work at some areas of his game, but he can?

But he has that magic dust that no-one can describe, he makes thinks happen,

when he gets the ball, already expecting something to happen.

I think Reo Coker is a work horse of a midfielder, I expect if McGugan keeps his head, could do pretty well, creative, can score goals, forget how many times he's picked Chambers his mate out for goals from crosses.

Could be a good un!

Is that a wind up?:eek:

McGugan is an athlete with a shot, is that it?:D

As regards Bailey clueless, but McGugan certainly has to work at some areas of his game, but he can?

But he has that magic dust that no-one can describe, he makes thinks happen,

when he gets the ball, already expecting something to happen.

I think Reo Coker is a work horse of a midfielder, I expect if McGugan keeps his head, could do pretty well, creative, can score goals, forget how many times he's picked Chambers his mate out for goals from crosses.

Could be a good un!

Yes, he's an athlete with a good shot.. That's my opinion of him and many other English CMs that fall into this bracket..

He doesn't have the guile nor technical ability at this moment in time to be anywhere near as good as the Spanish or South American countries..

I'm saying I knew the guy personally in that I knew his strengths and weaknesses for 5 years+ and what he needs to do to improve his game.. Don't understand your mocking, Bailey is a better passer of the ball.. Is he a better midfielder, perhaps not as it takes more than just a pretty passer to make a good midfielder, likewise it takes more than an engine and good shot..

You can go and ask him what he would like to do to improve his game and he'll tell you exactly what I've just said..

He could well turn out to be the best midfielder in England.. A future international.. But to do this he needs to work on his movement, passing ability and awareness.. At times he's quite static, he's even admitted this several times.

Archived