Let's Talk al-Notts Rovers

Day

hide? we didnt lose 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

and yeah against scunny at home, well done

you also conceded 5 with your new look back 4.....once again, against ssausagehorpe

bad times ahead for derby this season

How often were you guys on here last season? I know we conceded 5, you asked wht we were looking at the positives and I said we scored 5 so it is easy to see some positives.

So we are going to struggle because of 1 game? Ok then.

Oh and we had 1 new defender in the team. So new look?

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How often were you guys on here last season? I know we conceded 5, you asked wht we were looking at the positives and I said we scored 5 so it is easy to see some positives.

So we are going to struggle because of 1 game? Ok then.

Oh and we had 1 new defender in the team. So new look?

ok fair enough

barker and shackell were your best players and they have both gone......

ive only just joined here a couple of weeks ago

ok fair enough

Barker is injured and has been replaced in the team with (for now) Buxton who has been with the club 3 years and Keogh has been brought in as replacement for Shackell, is he better? Time will tell.

I was refering more to other Forest posters who, like has been done to an extent this pre season, gone on how youare going to get promotion beat us easily etc etc then disappeared after 3-4 games (except Dawnie although he did vanish for a while 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> )

To be fair, I don't think Elvis had any say in his disappearance! 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />

Last night, we looked fine until we started making substitutions - took off Roberts and Bryson and minutes later they scored. After that, we just reverted back to our keystone cops style of defending.

To be fair, I don't think Elvis had any say in his disappearance! 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />

Last night, we looked fine until we started making substitutions - took off Roberts and Bryson and minutes later they scored. After that, we just reverted back to our keystone cops style of defending.

The next Ashley Cole that man.

Well there isn't any denying that last night was an unmitigated fook up of the highest magnitude.

There were positives - Hughes, Tyson scoring, 5 goals, Jacobs with 5 assists - But conceding a hatfull to Scunny in one half? FFS.

It must have been one hell of a game though. And if it had of been a league game you would have at least a point. If you go for it & try to blast you way through the league it would be great to watch & put bums on seats. But is Clough really going to try to attack his way to promotion ?

although it's great fun for Forest fans to see Derby let in 5 im am not sure it effect you too much going forward ?

Clough may take steps to ensure the defence gets more cover in league games & maybe the goals will be a little harder to score.

Interesting times for Derby

It must have been one hell of a game though. And if it had of been a league game you would have at least a point. If you go for it & try to blast you way through the league it would be great to watch & put bums on seats. But is Clough really going to try to attack his way to promotion ?

although it's great fun for Forest fans to see Derby let in 5 im am not sure it effect you too much going forward ?

Clough may take steps to ensure the defence gets more cover in league games & maybe the goals will be a little harder to score.

We won't really know the context of last night's game until we get a few league games under our belt.

Last season we got nailed at home by Shrewsbury in the cup, yet managed our best start to the season in the league since Clough Sr was in charge.

It was the small chain of events that did us last night;

- Subbing Roberts and Bryson

- Theo missing the penalty

- Them scoring

All happened within the space of a few minutes.

Thought we'd weathered it when we went into injury time 5-3 up, but then we contrived to concede two more. People will possibly moan about the ref adding on 7 minutes of injury time, but come on, FFS, can we not hold a two goal lead against a lower league side for 7 minutes? Well, clearly not. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/angry' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':angry:' />

ok fair enough

Our first choice defence when on the pitch last night, only allowed them to have 3 chances. Brayford, Keogh, Buxton and Roberts played very well!

Naylor came on at left back and was incredibly bad, but thats by the by!

You get a like from me for that Dave. Very sensible for a Forest fan.

I think last nights result was probably a freak. Conceding two goals in stoppage time is not somethng I'd expect to happen every day, and I think our guys will have learnt from this. It's not over til it's over.

But if it's not a freak, then, as you say, it would have at least earned us a point in a league game, and I'd rather be drawing games 5-5 than 0-0, and I'd much rather be lamenting the fact that we threw away a 2 goal lead in stoppage time, (at least we had the two goal lead to throw away), than scraping the occasional 1-0 win.

If we learn the right lessons from this game, we'll win more games 5-3 than we'll draw 5-5. And if we draw a few games 5-5, that's not the end of the world.

Archived