Let's Talk al-Notts Rovers

Day

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love my Barnsley accent - just as well because I don't think I'll ever lose it.

It's a bit daft though, disliking folk because of how they talk?

Sorry campers, OT there.

I don't like yorkies, all this oooo arrr look at me tractor crap. Not for me I'm affraid, they tend to be quite bitchy as well from my experience.

that sounds more like a devonshire accent to me

and yorkshire girls have nice plump breasts

that sounds more like a devonshire accent to me

and yorkshire girls have nice plump breasts

I'm fishing, you're a little minnow, I'm after the big trout, she will be coming for the bait soon so I'll put you back in the river....

Frank Clark has been asked to resign as Nottingham Forest chairman after the club's new owners began their reign in ruthless fashion.

The former European Cup winner is set to follow Steve Cotterill out of the exit door at the City Ground as the Al-Hasawi family, announced their determination to make a break with the past.

Cotterill had been hoping to be given a chance to prove himself this season after meeting with the Kuwaitis on Wednesday evening.

But chief executive Mark Arthur delivered the news that his services were no longer required before training on Thursday morning.

First-team coach Rob Kelly has been placed in temporary charge. But it seems a matter of if, not when, he departs the club too.

Forest's pre-season tour of America, which began next week, has been cancelled.

After Cotterill left, Clark too was asked to step aside from a position that was bestowed upon him by late owner Nigel Doughty.

His exit too now appears to be little more than a formality. The futures of coach Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink and goalkeeping coach Paul Barron are also in jeopardy. Chief executive Arthur may be one of the few remaining survivors from the old regime.

The newcomers appear set on making a big splash - quickly.

One of the owners, Fawaz Al-Hasawi, said that he would be bankrolling a serious promotion push, saying: 'I will make big deals for players - even in a short amount of time.

'I will try to accomplish everything in a week because the league starts just a month from now.

'We will strive to return Forest to its former glories.'

Peterborough boss Darren Ferguson was approached about the post by third parties claiming to represent Forest - eliciting a formal complaint to the Football League by Posh.

And he remains a favourite, although the Cambridgeshire club's chairman, Darragh MacAnthony used his twitter account to respond: 'Never going to happen' when quizzed by Posh supporters.

Former Wolves boss Mick McCarthy has been installed as second favourite. The ex-Ireland chief was on holiday in Portugal earlier this week and he has not ruled himself out of the running, although he denied any direct contact.

[url=http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2172671/Frank-Clark-asked-resign-Nottingham-Forest-chairman-Al-Hasawi-family.html#ixzz20UKvPq74]http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2172671/Frank-Clark-asked-resign-Nottingham-Forest-chairman-Al-Hasawi-family.html#ixzz20UKvPq74

It's an idea with a lovely name, but no substance. And even if it had substance, logically the new Forest owners could change the 'City Ground' to 'Kuwait #1 Super Stadium England', and 'pay' £1billion a year for that sponsorship.

Deals have to pass a "fair value" test though, else they won't get away with it.

I doubt naming rights for that dump could be valued at £1bn. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

why..? Have they wont the European Cup..? No one ever mentioned that to me..? what twice you say... REALLY.....?

Paleontologists are now speculating that this is why the dinosaurs died out. They all died of shock when it happened.

there is an article about them being bought out in the local Swiss paper over here, roughly translated it says "the once famous Notts Forest have now got super rich owners who want to get them back to where they were 40 years ago, in Europe" and this is accompanied by a photo of Shilton with the Euoropean cup, it must have been writen by a Red dog, or someone very very very old.......so I cut it out, and informed everyone that he was a Derby player...

[url=http://www.thisisnottingham.co.uk/Mick-McCarthy-man-says-Nottingham-Forest-legend/story-16529515-detail/story.html]http://www.thisisnottingham.co.uk/Mick-McCarthy-man-says-Nottingham-Forest-legend/story-16529515-detail/story.html

is it just me who thinks this is pissfunny...kenny burns with his big fat face telling forest fans that mick mcarthy is the man to spend the new owners billions..match made in heaven! brilliant

Rumours circulating that they paid less than 1m for the club, however the debt to the Estate of ND has been cleared. They have a nice blank canvas to start now, wonder if they will sell in a year when the club is worth nearly 10m?

Archived