First Choice Eleven?

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well the Clough comments on the OS refer to having two strikers up front and only one holding midfielder, so I suspect he's talking about 4-4-2, or 4-1-3-2.

4-1-3-2 would be good

=========Fielding=========

Brayford Leacock Shackell Roberts

==========Bailey==========

Cywka=====Bryson======Ward

======Maguire===Tyson======

That would be very attacking.

Well the Clough comments on the OS refer to having two strikers up front and only one holding midfielder, so I suspect he's talking about 4-4-2, or 4-1-3-2.

You beat me to it, just watching it now.

4-1-3-2 would be great, but did we really play that much last season?

Depends how he looks in pre-season, I suppose.

Do you reckon that's why Eustace deal is dragging. Clough did mention that other talented DM we've got in an interview only last week.....maybe he's back-up if Bailey show his stuff.

Reading that back, i think we'll sign Eustace. Bailey hasn't played 100 league games in his whole career, and the youth hasn't played at all.

Got a bit carried away there. My apologies.

Do you reckon that's why Eustace deal is dragging. Clough did mention that other talented DM we've got in an interview only last week.....maybe he's back-up if Bailey show his stuff.

Reading that back, i think we'll sign Eustace. Bailey hasn't played 100 league games in his whole career, and the youth hasn't played at all.

Got a bit carried away there. My apologies.

Pathetic answer here, but we'll have to wait and see. :)

Yeah I'm liking the look of that lineup.

Only question - is Bailey ready to hold the line on his own?

Not at all imo.

Classy little player. But sooooo weak. Needs someone to provide the muscle for now.

I'm still a 4231 kinda guy.

......................Fielding

Brayford....Barker......... Shackell..... Roberts

........Bailey .........A big experience mobile bugger.

..Cywka........Maguire/Bryson..........Ward

................S Davies/Loanee

Two holes that need filling. Wouldn't mind Waghorn or Eustace. Or dipping into the loan market.

With Tyson, Hendrick, Ball, Anderson, B Davies all pushing for places. I'd want Addison back when he's got some games under his belt. And Green when fit.

Still don't think we were that bad at time last year. Even when getting beat by Ipswich, Hull, Norwich and Reading at home we were looking very dangerous. Really think one or two experienced players could make the difference.

We looked far worse when we went into 442 survival mode. Treating Davies like a target man. :rolleyes:

Barring injuries:

--------------------Fielding--------------------

Brayford--------Barker-----Shackell-----Roberts

----------------Bailey----Eustace-------------

----------------------Bryson-------------------

--Cywka--------------------------------Ward--

--------------------S. Davies------------------

Subs: Legzdins, Anderson, Maguire, Green, Addison, Tyson, Croft

Barring injuries:

If we get Eustace agree however Bryson who some have touted as not a defensive midfielder when actually he is a box to box midfielder and therefore hence is a defensive midfielder was having a storming game yesterday and will fit in there. Think if Eustace came it would be him and Bryson in there and Bailey will learn from them as was the plan last year. Maguire will start in front of Cywka and he will come on for the last 20-30mins across the three. Tyson will start up front and S.Davies who will not be rushed will come on to revert to the 442 formation or Tyson will drop into the three behind S.Davies and play as the utility forward of the front man like commons did in the three.

Peoples don't be hung up with the big man upfront. this formation works better with the four front men interchanging. With the current squad would love to see maguir, cywka, ward and S.Davies as the front four always interchanging. When Green comes back fighting fit I would then play him in the most influential position of last season and that was in the middle of the front three feeding wings and supporting the striker. This for Green could be blessing in disguise because although injured his body getting a rest and his body must have had a lot of impact because he does more on a pitch some give credit too. He reminds me Geraint Williams when he just seemed to be in the right position all the time and simple passes did not look anything special but missed him when not playing.

With the holding midfielders of Eustace Bailey Addison and Bryson any of two linking in with Green in the middle of the three we would have 3 energetic dtrong tackling midfielders on the pitch who can get up and down the pitch and should work as a unit very well.

Just my humble view. By the way Green comes back unless S.Davies has taken his chance with both hands you will see Tyson move upfront and you will see the end of S.Davies at Derby County. This is his season to prove everyone wrong and it is up to him now

Barring injuries:

The line up on Saturday was 4-1-3-2 but was that done simply because of the personnel we had playing or does Nigel want to play two up to this year??? If so Bailey could be the odd one out as he's viewed (not by me) as needing someone along side him if covering the defence and he's not the energetic, box to box creative midfielder you'd want in the three.

So if we don't make anymore signings my 4-1-3-2 would be -

Brayford------Barker-----Shackell---------Roberts

---------------------Bailey---------------------

--Cywka/Doyle-----Bryson/B.Davies--------Ward--

--------S. Davies/Tyson-----Maguire-------------

If we do make the suspected signings -

Brayford----Barker/Riggott-----Shackell----Roberts

-----------------Bailey/Eustace----------------

--Cywka/Doyle--------Bryson-------------Ward--

--------S. Davies/Tyson--Maguire/Waghorn------

Not too shabby...

I like your formation Vernak but it might leave a little weak defensively if it's just Bailey as a DMF.

The four strikers interchanging would be a nightmare for any opposition.

In our awesome stage early last season Cywka shined and proved that he's got a decent shot on him too, as you will have seen in the 5-0 win against Palace.

Ward and Maguire can swap affectively. They both seem like hard working forwards who can create attacking play and go on the wing.

Archived