Paul Green

-JW-

Saw Greenie at Moor Farm on SSN today, thought he wasn't due back until christmas?? Is he good enough for our first team or will he be edged out by Bryson/Bailey or John Eustace presuming he joins?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When Green is good he's involved in everything.

When he's poor he can't make the most simple pass.

His form is always tied with the team. He's the sort of passenger i think we need. But not the reliable veteran we treat him as.

He'll definatley add depth and experience from the bench if Bryson can show better form.

Derby said he's not back until Christmas? I reckon there's no way then we'll see him until November-ish time at the earliest.

Not good enough, he had a first good 6 months under Jewell but not played well for since clough came in 2 1/2 years ago. He works hard and gets around but not a good enough footballer to play in a midfield if we are going to play a passing game

Not good enough, he had a first good 6 months under Jewell but not played well for since clough came in 2 1/2 years ago. He works hard and gets around but not a good enough footballer to play in a midfield if we are going to play a passing game

Agree agree agree. He's a jack of all trades, master of none. And in a lot of cases he's a feckin shoite jack.

I agree - has played some good games but is prone to lapses in concentration in possession and was one of the players who put the defence under pressure last season.

Even tho during the "purple patch" he was the leading assist for the club?

As far as I remember, he wasn't in the team then, it was Bailey and Sav in mid, then Tommy, Fattyboombatty and Kinder in the attacking spots. I could be wrong, but I don't think I am.

As far as I remember, he wasn't in the team then, it was Bailey and Sav in mid, then Tommy, Fattyboombatty and Kinder in the attacking spots. I could be wrong, but I don't think I am.

You are wrong, unfortunately.

There's this thing called the Actim index, based on significant contirbutions to games. Paul Green sat in the top 10 of the entire league for weeks and weeks. He wracked up loads of assists too. RamNut was the one that found that out, I think.

Yeah. Green was the centre of everything in our purple patch. Almost every attack went through him.

Cywka and Bueno had to make way for him. We were spoiled for good players in form for a month or two.

Then Derby lost form. Green lost form and started to look a bit pointless. Cywka lost form and kept running into dead ends or vanishing for large parts of our matches. Bueno got injured, struggled with form but looked like he was on a different wavelength anyway. Commons lost interest/form (whatever) and then transfered.

4 good players that lost form and didn't step up to the challenge to get the team going again. Needed a leader or something else to inspire them.

Green allowed Brayford to bomb past him better than Cywka did. Obviously Cywka doesn't link play like Green. He forces play.

Still can't believe how sudden the drop was. :eek: :(

You are wrong, unfortunately.

There's this thing called the Actim index, based on significant contirbutions to games. Paul Green sat in the top 10 of the entire league for weeks and weeks. He wracked up loads of assists too. RamNut was the one that found that out, I think.

I spit in the face of your facts.

I hate him.

Ergo, he is awful.

Spitting in face of facts? Are you from Nottingham?:whistle:

How dare you.

London born and bred,

The main lesson the streets of the capital have told me is:

Do not think Paul Green is good.

Which is why London is the capital, such levels of genius iz hrd 2 cum by, init.

He is a confidence player. When the team's flying so is he. When the team's sinking he is too.

Yes I agree, but we have too many of those- when the chips are up we're 4th- when the chips are down everyone hides and we're 19th! If we are going to have players like that they need to be better than Green when things are going well.

Archived