England 4th in FIFA Rankings

CumbrianRam

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The farcical operation that Fifa are running continues to amaze.

We're nowhere near fourth in the world, but I guess it's difficult to put the rankings together. Based on results, teams like Mexico gain a much higher position than they probably deserve, but if we were just taking the best teams on paper then Argentina would be in a higher position than their results merit.

Was shocked that Norway are 11th as well, with Ghana down in 33 and Uruguay in 18 despite coming 4th in the World Cup last year. Basically they're totally meaningless and can only serve to raise false English expectations!

The farcical operation that Fifa are running continues to amaze.

We're nowhere near fourth in the world, but I guess it's difficult to put the rankings together. Based on results, teams like Mexico gain a much higher position than they probably deserve, but if we were just taking the best teams on paper then Argentina would be in a higher position than their results merit.

We are 4th, because we are the 4th best....Leagues don't lie..

exactly Srg...the way they calculate it is by awarding points for the calibre of opposition etc etc, and obviously there are more average and abover average teams in Europe, so our points will be bolsetered by this, where as Argentina are playing a vast majority of South American pub teams, therefore their points suffer...but hey...4th...woo hoo..

This is nearly as crazy as my football manager world rankings in 2016. Switzerland number 1 by a country mile, number 2 is senegal (Babacar rapes any team he plays by the look of it 67 goals in 33 internationals) then number 3 is Chile. The only realistic one is England (about number 25 i think) Even scotland are in the top 20 :confused:

Not even the 4th best team in Europe.

If they played a 6 nations (or whatever it is in Rugby) they wouldn't even win it. Especially if they had to leave Wembley.

Infact, me Gran could row a boat to 3 countries better than England.

1 win at the last World cup. Didn't even qualify for the last European Champs. 1 win vs Algeria, Slovenia and USA? In which they scored 2 goals?

And people say Italy and France have lost it!! When was their last major tournament final?

I guess England are living on their past glories and all the major tournaments they won in time gone by........

Are FIFA trying to embarrass us now?

Archived