When do we give up on clough??

adamD

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply
YR15.

I'm about to waste too much of my time showing you something that SHOULD shut you up for a while.. I doubt it will though as you usually just keep going irrespective.

I've rounded spending figures to the nearest 10k.

Burnley - 5.5m - most expensive signing 2m another one over 1m

Cardiff - 110k

Coventry - 530k - 1 player

Crystal Palace - 900k - 1 player

Derby 1.4m - most expensive 2 x 500k (bailey and brayford)

Doncaster - 0

Hull - 4.5m - most expensive - 1.3m, 1.2m 1.1m.

Ipswich - 1.6m - most expensive 1m

Leeds 880k - 350k

Watford - 650k - mes 650k

Barnsley - 2.4m - mes 1.2m

Millwall - 1.1m - mes 600k

Forest 1.8m - mes 1.3m

Norwich 4.4m - mes 1.5m

Portsmouth 0 - (6 free transfers from prem sides)

Preston - 1.3m - mes 900k

QPR - 5m - mes 1.6m

Reading 2.3m - mes 1.1

Ssausagehorpe 1.2m - 300k

Sheffield United - 240k

Swansea - 1.7m - 880k

Middlesbrough - 6.5m - mes 2m, 1.5m and 1.6m

Leicester - 5m - mes 3m

that's not restricted to any 3 or 4 clubs - that is THE WHOLE LEAGUE. (i couldn't find peterboro)

I've bolded the clubs who have signed players spending less than DCFC on their major summer signing(s) of 2010/11

That's 6 clubs who have not spent more than 500k on one single signing. 1 of those clubs signed Craig Bellamy. 2 orf those clubs were relegated. Only two of those clubs finished above us and one of those signed 6 players on a free transfer from Premier league sides....

What exaclty are you on when you come out with some of your codswallop?

Didn't Doncaster buy Sharp for over a million?

Also, the DET reported the Brayford and Bailey signing for up to £800k. I can't post that link as they seem to have binned the whole site but this is is from the Burton version.

http://www.thisisstaffordshire.co.uk/Crewe-Alex-Brayford-expecting-happy-return/story-12577559-detail/story.html

Didn't Doncaster buy Sharp for over a million?

Also, the DET reported the Brayford and Bailey signing for up to £800k. I can't post that link as they seem to have binned the whole site but this is is from the Burton version.

http://www.thisisstaffordshire.co.uk/Crewe-Alex-Brayford-expecting-happy-return/story-12577559-detail/story.html

I think it was 800k rising to 1 or 1.2 mil

Lee Croft

David Martin

Saul Deeney

Ben Pringle

Chris Porter

Michael Boulding

Russell Anderson

Dean Moxey

Plus Loan players MooreNoble Hunt Sunu Martin (GK) Vidal Campbell Johnson Livermore StoorVaughan Hughes

Croft is still here vying for a place as is martin- unfortunate change of system may still could come good. Deeney- youngster, Pringle-youngster- I personally would have kept him, Porter- hip exploded but looked good until then, Anderson- looks steady enough, don't see why you think he's a mistake? Moxey- steady enough, sold for a decent sum.

Loans- Always a gamble and don't often cost much

YR15.

I'm about to waste too much of my time showing you something that SHOULD shut you up for a while.. I doubt it will though as you usually just keep going irrespective.

I've rounded spending figures to the nearest 10k.

Burnley - 5.5m - most expensive signing 2m another one over 1m

Cardiff - 110k

Coventry - 530k - 1 player

Crystal Palace - 900k - 1 player

Derby 1.4m - most expensive 2 x 500k (bailey and brayford)

Doncaster - 0

Hull - 4.5m - most expensive - 1.3m, 1.2m 1.1m.

Ipswich - 1.6m - most expensive 1m

Leeds 880k - 350k

Watford - 650k - mes 650k

Barnsley - 2.4m - mes 1.2m

Millwall - 1.1m - mes 600k

Forest 1.8m - mes 1.3m

Norwich 4.4m - mes 1.5m

Portsmouth 0 - (6 free transfers from prem sides)

Preston - 1.3m - mes 900k

QPR - 5m - mes 1.6m

Reading 2.3m - mes 1.1

Ssausagehorpe 1.2m - 300k

Sheffield United - 240k

Swansea - 1.7m - 880k

Middlesbrough - 6.5m - mes 2m, 1.5m and 1.6m

Leicester - 5m - mes 3m

that's not restricted to any 3 or 4 clubs - that is THE WHOLE LEAGUE. (i couldn't find peterboro)

I've bolded the clubs who have signed players spending less than DCFC on their major summer signing(s) of 2010/11

That's 6 clubs who have not spent more than 500k on one single signing. 1 of those clubs signed Craig Bellamy. 2 orf those clubs were relegated. Only two of those clubs finished above us and one of those signed 6 players on a free transfer from Premier league sides....

What exaclty are you on when you come out with some of your codswallop?

we spent a reported 800k on bueno's loan so it was more like 2.2 million, watford finished above us and spent less, millwall spent less finished above us same with leeds, swansea 1.7, forest 1.8, ipswich 1.6, reading 2.3 million these are similar figures to ours as you miss out bueno's loan fee, coventry 530k palace spent 900k substantially less than us, are you sure about norwich 4.4 million? i thought their squad was relatively similar to what they went up with, may be wrong though. Only 6 clubs spent substantially more than us last year, the rest of them are pretty even, as our total was with your figures and the adding in of the 800k loan fee of bueno 2.2 million. So then in a relatively even spending league except the top 6 which i wasn't expecting (i was hoping for 12th to 13th) we finish 19th just escaping the drop thanks to good results against swansea etc. Our squad as well was comparatively strong compared to ssausagehorpe, portsmouth, preston, barnsley, watford and maybe even millwall before that transfer window.

Croft is still here vying for a place as is martin- unfortunate change of system may still could come good. Deeney- youngster, Pringle-youngster- I personally would have kept him, Porter- hip exploded but looked good until then, Anderson- looks steady enough, don't see why you think he's a mistake? Moxey- steady enough, sold for a decent sum.

Loans- Always a gamble and don't often cost much

Don't think so my friend :)

we spent a reported 800k on bueno's loan so it was more like 2.2 million, watford finished above us and spent less, millwall spent less finished above us same with leeds, swansea 1.7, forest 1.8, ipswich 1.6, reading 2.3 million these are similar figures to ours as you miss out bueno's loan fee, coventry 530k palace spent 900k substantially less than us, are you sure about norwich 4.4 million? i thought their squad was relatively similar to what they went up with, may be wrong though. Only 6 clubs spent substantially more than us last year, the rest of them are pretty even, as our total was with your figures and the adding in of the 800k loan fee of bueno 2.2 million. So then in a relatively even spending league except the top 6 which i wasn't expecting (i was hoping for 12th to 13th) we finish 19th just escaping the drop thanks to good results against swansea etc. Our squad as well was comparatively strong compared to ssausagehorpe, portsmouth, preston, barnsley, watford and maybe even millwall before that transfer window.

That figure your quoting on Buenos loan has never ever been confirmed. It came about via speculation about where the Hulse fee went and never backed up by a credible source. In fact I seem to remember it Alex W who came up with it and it was roundly disputed by most.

well glick did say the loan fee was substancial and most of the other fee's by most clubs are disputed and not known for definite, if that is the case let's throw the whole list out, let's say the loan fee was 500k then, still 1.9 million, still at most 500k off the top 6 spending teams.

well glick did say the loan fee was substancial and most of the other fee's by most clubs are disputed and not known for definite, if that is the case let's throw the whole list out, let's say the loan fee was 500k then, still 1.9 million, still at most 500k off the top 6 spending teams.

Still guesswork, and have you looked at how many loans other clubs had and guessed how much they cost?

well no because a) i have no idea and b) it would take sooo much time to do it wouldn't be worth it, also you have to take into account the strength of the initial squad as well.

I can make it easy for you little fella.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfers/5494042/Transfers-Championship-summer-2010.html

Some substantial signings and some major loans in January as well.

Derby

In - Ben Davies 450k

Out - Kris Commons 300k

Dean Moxey undisclosed.

i did, norwich spent 75,000 not 4.4 million like you say, that is only the January transfer window

Goodness me.

Link Number One = Summer spending.

I thought you'd pick up on the fact I was talking about summer investment. My mistake.

http://soccerlens.com/english-championship-transfers/

Link Number Two = Jaunuary spending.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfers/5494042/Transfers-Championship-summer-2010.html

Read the questions you asked earlier in the thread Young Ram, every time someone quoted figures you were asking "what about the bottom eight clubs?

I was only answering you.

I think you talk so much you must sometimes confuse even yourself.

We don't even need him for back up now my friend.

Maybe not now but when he was signed during the wage restructure he was and until Fielding and Ledz...? was signed we may still have needed him, just because he isn't required anymore doesn't make him a mistake

Goodness me.

Link Number One = Summer spending.

I thought you'd pick up on the fact I was talking about summer investment. My mistake.

http://soccerlens.com/english-championship-transfers/

Link Number Two = Jaunuary spending.

Read the questions you asked earlier in the thread Young Ram, every time someone quoted figures you were asking "what about the bottom eight clubs?

I was only answering you.

I think you talk so much you must sometimes confuse even yourself.

missed the first link, and thanks for the complete spending review as it shows their is little difference between us and most clubs in the division except the top 6 spenders.

Archived